PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Deadeye Speed?

VORTEC429
January 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hey everyone!
Sold my Diamond Rock and My Diamond Stud so I could get a new bow. Now I'm trying to make some choices on a bow...I'm wondering what kind of speed y'all are getting out of the Deadeye...I'm deating on a 60# or 70# I'm 27.5" draw. Let me know! Thanks Everyone!

Reco111
January 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Real world IBO withouth the marketed exageration is 328 fps. So at your calculations say 70# subtract 25 fps for your draw and about 10 fps for string weight you're at 293 with a 350 grain arrow. Probably not what you want to hear but that's reality.

NYS Archer
January 20th, 2013, 08:17 PM
With the set up in my sig line using a 431g arrow I'm getting 279fps. This is from the iphone chrono app so I think its is close but I haven't had it on anything that is a calibrated chrono.

chiefbkt
January 25th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I'm getting 323-326 fps from my set up. 29" draw, 71lbs, 415 grain arrow. Just buy it, you won't be upset.

Huntinsker
January 25th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm getting 323-326 fps from my set up. 29" draw, 71lbs, 415 grain arrow. Just buy it, you won't be upset.

I've sold a bunch of Deadeye's and I don't believe you for a second. The IBO is 343 which is inflated so your numbers are impossible. Take 10fps off for your DL and you will lose over 30 fps since your arrow is 65 grains heavier than the 350 IBO spec. Right there you're at 300 fps and that's before putting anything on the string. My buddy shoots one with a 420 grain arrow 70 lbs and 29" at 287 fps.

chiefbkt
January 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I've sold a bunch of Deadeye's and I don't believe you for a second. The IBO is 343 which is inflated so your numbers are impossible. Take 10fps off for your DL and you will lose over 30 fps since your arrow is 65 grains heavier than the 350 IBO spec. Right there you're at 300 fps and that's before putting anything on the string. My buddy shoots one with a 420 grain arrow 70 lbs and 29" at 287 fps.

You're right actually. I just checked my book and the arrow weight I posted is my hunting set up. That shoots 298-305 fps. My target set up is 370 grains, that's where that speed comes from.

hawkdriver55
January 25th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I tried one and I can tell you it is quick! It hammers the arrow to the target. The cam does click on the rollover though. That was the only thing I didn't like about the bow.

jwstopper1
January 25th, 2013, 11:08 PM
It is quick, but not the most forgiving bow ever! Don't get me wrong, I love mine.....fast, quiet, and shock free, but it will point out flaws in your shooting very quickly. I almost wish it was a little slower with a 7" brace height. I'm hoping Diamond is designing a real flagship bow for next year. I owned a Iceman for 3 years and am still kickin myself for passing it on to a new archer.

The click in the cam is fixed very easily. Remove the module, put some sort of lubricant (graphite, WD40, etc.) on the inside portion where it makes contact with the cam, and put it back on. When you put it back on, be sure the screws are tight. This frustrated me for the first six months I owned it until I did some tinkering. I am now going on almost a year after fixing it and it hasn't shown up since. Hope this helps

Huntinsker
January 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM
You're right actually. I just checked my book and the arrow weight I posted is my hunting set up. That shoots 298-305 fps. My target set up is 370 grains, that's where that speed comes from.

Yeah that's closer but your range is huge. Unless your arrows are very inconsistent you may need to use a different chronograph.

chiefbkt
January 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah that's closer but your range is huge. Unless your arrows are very inconsistent you may need to use a different chronograph.

My hunting arrows are stock from the store, so that is probably why the range is so widespread. I'm just getting into arrow building and haven't had time to do those arrows yet.

Huntinsker
January 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I build hunting arrows that some would call stock from the store all the time and they only range maybe a grain or two. All my personal hunting arrows weigh either 391 or 392 grains. That's in 2 dozen arrows. I got them fletched from the factory. All I did was cut and square the ends and glue in inserts. You may need to upgrade arrows if you're getting such a wide difference in weights. 7 fps difference is about 10 grains or so. That's an inch or more difference in just shaft weight.