PDA

View Full Version : Caliper Release

HT Redneck
June 10th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Well my truball caliper is finally dying on me. The thing travels a couple of miles before it goes off and the anticapation is terrible. I know they are adjustable but I have always been able to feel the travel in a truball.

I have not looked at what is available on the Caliper market for a while, so can anybody make a suggestion for a relatively cheap caliper release that has a crispe trigger?

Thanx

HT-Redneck

ultratec1
June 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM
The carter 2 shot is a AWESOME release but it is not relatively cheap. There is no trigger travel at all. The release is crisp and surprising.

BowChilling
June 10th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Get yourself a Overkill! Not cheap, but worth what you'll pay!

JUMPMAN
June 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Get yourself a Overkill! Not cheap, but worth what you'll pay!
I agree that is what i use for hunting. Be prepared to spend about $275.00 :mg: .

Jhorne
June 10th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Redneck, Have you tried the short and sweet?

Goldring
June 10th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Tru Ball Copperhead. Not a single complaint about this release.

mike atwell
June 10th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I'd give another vote for the Short-N-Sweet. I hunt with one & it really breaks clean with almost no trigger travel.

Another choice might be one of the new Mag-Tek releases by Hot Shot.

Byron
June 10th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Have you considered getting your release repaired by TRU Ball? They offer a lifetime warranty "on certain models". Here's an excerpt from their website (www.truball.com)

"Guarantee
Q: How can I take advantage of your lifetime guarantee (on certain models) if I have a problem that is not due to normal wear?
A: First call us at 434-929-2800 and ask for a Return Authorization number. Then send symptoms and instructions (even if you have told us about them when you call) with your release to T.R.U. Ball, 131 Crennel Drive, PO Box 1180, Madison Heights, VA 24572. We will solve your problems quickly and return your release aid ASAP!"

If you don't want the release after all, can I have it? :D

Just a thought!
Byron

Byron
June 10th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Other than that idea, I'd also recommend the Short-n-Sweet!

Best Regards,
Byron

Flyguy958
June 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Try the Scott Little Bitty Goose! It's price won't break you and it's a great release. My 2 cents.

fihnfool-3
June 11th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I 2nd the little bitty goose! This is my third scott and all three are still in commision. Thay are relatively sheep and undestructable. This one is infinatly adjustable.
Try a scott and you will like.

BLB752
June 11th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I have a Scott Little Bitty Goose with the NCS and love it. Shoot Mike a PM he has some great prices on Scott releases and is a pleasure to deal with.