PDA

View Full Version : New to bow hunting

chadky
January 31st, 2013, 11:21 PM
I'm new to bow hunting and I'm looking to get my first bow. I have been looking around on the internet for a couple of months now and the Diamond Infinite Edge is really sticking out to me. I haven't heard anything bad about it but I'm just not sure on what I want to start out with. I live in Northern KY and haven't found any archery shops around that have a good verity for me to check out. If anyone has any recommendations for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

kerrye
February 1st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the sport. Warning: It gets in your blood. I've been shooting over 50 years. First of Jan. I sold three old compounds I had and bought an Infinite Edge Black Ops. LOVE IT ! I would recommend it to anyone, new to the sport, old timer, ten years old or 70 years old. :thumbs_up

chadky
February 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks man. That's actually the one I wanting to get. Thanks for your input.

jbearbird
February 17th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I am reletively new to the sport, I bought a Bowtech Destroyer 340 last year and absolutly love it. I was shooting an older Tomkat before.

hcfirefighter09
February 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I got this same bow a few days ago and I love it. If you live in Kentucky there is a local place called www.huntersfriend.com they have the bow with everything ready to shoot for $479.00. The bow comes with everything including your 5 arrow quiver,5" stabilizer, 6 custom cut arrows, your choice of 3 muzzy mx-3 or 3 NAP thunderhead broadheads, whisker biscuit or hostage rest, soft or hard case, your release, 6 practice tips. Its all setup by a technician and tested to be at the best whenever you get it.

hunting_4_life
February 19th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I have shot the bow and looked at it many times I can tell you its more of a kids bow the bows size us small but the draw weight abilitys are untouchable for a bigger person I would look for something in the triple threat line outlaw fugetive or deadeye they have good speed I can say the outlaw has an aggresive cam with makes the draw cycle a little rough but has a awsome wall

dsal
February 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I recomend you try find shops to shoot some bows, even if you need to drive out. See what feels good to you, there are alot of good bows out there. You may also look in clasifieds which will save you some money. There are alot of good deals out there on almosot new bows.
WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION.

OldMike
February 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Chad,

I'm wondering if you ever were able to decide on something. Looking forward to see what you decided on.

hcfirefighter09
February 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The draw weight goes up to 70lbs and the draw length goes to 30 inches. So where do u get that the abilitys are untouchable for a bigger person. The bow has a short a2a length, but its in the same range as some PSE, Bear, Bowtech the list goes on. Some hunters want a compact bow for blinds or stands where the amount of room is limited.

jason5641
February 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Got my sons Infinite Edge from Huntersfriend.com also. Came ready to hunt, paper tuned, DL and DW set, Peep set, sighted in to 20yds, with case and arrows and chronoed. Sweet! He really likes it. Wish they had the Black Ops version but still-cant really go wrong for a new bow

sawicki4x4
February 26th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I started out with the diamond edge it was a great bow but a lad smaller and a max of #50. The razor edge is a much better bow then the edge and ibo's at like 308 at #60 the infinity edge is nice also but i wasnt a fan of it. It wasnt as fast as the razor edge seeing how the ibo is 310 but that is at #70 where the razor edge is308 at #60. But over all they are all nice bows. Id shoot what ever you can get your hands on imo

hcfirefighter09
February 26th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Got my sons Infinite Edge from Huntersfriend.com also. Came ready to hunt, paper tuned, DL and DW set, Peep set, sighted in to 20yds, with case and arrows and chronoed. Sweet! He really likes it. Wish they had the Black Ops version but still-cant really go wrong for a new bow

What all options did he choose with his bow?

jason5641
February 26th, 2013, 06:04 PM
At the time they had a sight option so I chose the Apex 4 pin, Whisker biscuit, hard case, Carbon arrows (came with victory) and NAP broadheads. Very similar to the $349 combo sold everywhere but he likes the biscuit over the hostage. I think the rest of the package was standard. 24 inch 30lb

hcfirefighter09
February 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
oh ok when I ordered mine I got the Muzzy MX-3 and the hostage rest with mine. Mine is set at 25 inch 60lbs

kmason80
February 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
There is an archery shop close to you called Stengers Archery in Cleves, OH. They have a lot of different bows and a indoor range. Call and talk to Mike.

VORTEC429
March 11th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Find a leftover Diamond Rock they are great starter bow. Razor edge or infinite edge are both smooth forgiving bows with a great poundage option. Honestly look for 7" brace height or larger a lot less sensative if you dont have perfrct form. The Diamond Core would also be a great bow.