PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge Question

zeek
March 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
I am thinking about a Infinite Edge for my daughter. Question is how is the draw; is there a valley or lack of? Is the draw smooth or have a hump? How does it compare to a Bowtech Equalizer which is what she is learning with now? I don't want anything that will try to take off on her if she relaxes a little bit. Thanks

hcfirefighter09
March 2nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
I shoot the Infinite Edge, and its a very smooth draw. The bow when fired doesnt try to jump out of you hand when fired. I have mine set at 65lbs and its no problem if you relax your arm. Not sure if you wanting to take her hunting and which hand draw you need, but I purchased my bow with everything ready to hunt for $479.00. I got it from huntersfriend.com

cconte
March 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'm looking at one for my wife right now. I'm a Bowtech guy, so I'm feeling good about Diamond and what I've read about the Infinte Edge. Thanks for that info Firefighter, but if you're looking for price, Gander Mountain has them set up with the basic package, including 3 pin sight, rest, string stop, tube peep and quiver for $349.99. I know you might want to change some of that out, but until my wife figures out if she's really going to take to Archery in general, I'm fine with a Bowtech product with all the basics for $350 (it helps that there's a store by me, so I don't have to worry about shipping).

Flash57
March 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I got my Infinite Edge a week ago, today. I never owned a bow before and the last time I shot a compound bow was 38 years ago. It belonged to my brother. I purchased the Infinite Edge bow package from huntersfriend.com for $479. Out of the case at 20 yds, I was just a few inches off to the right of the center. I adjusted the sight and have been having a blast with my bow. I'm very pleased with this bow. I had it set at 50 pounds and hope to be pulling 70 by September when deer season starts.

hcfirefighter09
March 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I got my Infinite Edge a week ago, today. I never owned a bow before and the last time I shot a compound bow was 38 years ago. It belonged to my brother. I purchased the Infinite Edge bow package from huntersfriend.com for $479. Out of the case at 20 yds, I was just a few inches off to the right of the center. I adjusted the sight and have been having a blast with my bow. I'm very pleased with this bow. I had it set at 50 pounds and hope to be pulling 70 by September when deer season starts.

Thats the same package I got. I love the bow, I adjusted my sight to 15,25, and 40 yrds. I couldnt turn this setup down.

harpdude
March 10th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I got my Infinite Edge in November, as my first compound bow. My first upgrade was a sight that I could adjust, without having to use an an allen wrench. I recently installed a Ripcord drop away rest, and my groupings immediately became very tight. The Ripcord was an excellent investment.

cajun_man
March 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I just recently purchased this bow and am having a blast with it so far.
I haven't shot in over 15 yrs,and recently wanted to get back into the swing of things but didnt want to spend an arm and a leg on my first bow back in.
This has to be one of the most versatile bows to date.I shot some of the new hoyt,mathews,and others as well and although it was tempting to get a more expensive bow,the Infinite Edge was certainly one of my best investments yet.:thumbs_up

sawicki4x4
March 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
If its anything like the razor edge its a great bow. I had a razor edge and miss it still to this day

gotmike
March 11th, 2013, 01:54 PM
My 7 year old has one set for about 25# and he can shoot it for 2 hours without breaking a sweat... But an extra 1/2 turn on the limbs and he can barely draw it... So its got to be buttery smooth...

ChiefLostArrow
March 21st, 2013, 03:23 AM
I got one for my wife and she loves it. The valley is narrow and will creep on her if she lets up by accident. It being her first bow, she will learn to deal with it. I don't say that to be cruel, I just mean that she will need to develop good habits on the back wall or the Infinite Edge will creep on her.

cconte
March 21st, 2013, 03:51 AM
Got my wife one, and she loves it. She's been dragging the target to our backyard and shooting without me. She even took it to the shop on her own for some adjustments. I know she'll be shooting better than me soon.

Kahkon
March 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
I sell them for 349.99 Shipped Now. Lower 48...It is a great bow....

I'm looking at one for my wife right now. I'm a Bowtech guy, so I'm feeling good about Diamond and what I've read about the Infinte Edge. Thanks for that info Firefighter, but if you're looking for price, Gander Mountain has them set up with the basic package, including 3 pin sight, rest, string stop, tube peep and quiver for $349.99. I know you might want to change some of that out, but until my wife figures out if she's really going to take to Archery in general, I'm fine with a Bowtech product with all the basics for $350 (it helps that there's a store by me, so I don't have to worry about shipping).

Deepwoods05
March 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
One thing my wife doesn't like about hers is the lack of a firm backwall. The rear string stop is located on both cams and will flex if you pull hard enough. For experienced shooters this is not a big deal because it can be used as a benefit when shooting in between yardages. For instance, shooting a target at 27 yards I would use my 25 yard pin and pull just a little extra to gain the height needed for the next 2 yards. However, for a beginner shooter like my wife she is inconsistent with her elevation due to this reason. Inconsistent meaning a height change of only approx 2-3 inches.

Overall a good bow for beginners but be ready to upgrade after a couple years.

TwoInch
March 27th, 2014, 04:14 PM
One thing my wife doesn't like about hers is the lack of a firm backwall. The rear string stop is located on both cams and will flex if you pull hard enough. For experienced shooters this is not a big deal because it can be used as a benefit when shooting in between yardages. For instance, shooting a target at 27 yards I would use my 25 yard pin and pull just a little extra to gain the height needed for the next 2 yards. However, for a beginner shooter like my wife she is inconsistent with her elevation due to this reason. Inconsistent meaning a height change of only approx 2-3 inches.

Overall a good bow for beginners but be ready to upgrade after a couple years.

i hope you dont spread such info to new archers.

you do not pull harder to adjust point of impact on target....

in reality, most guys that are into tuning their bows do a procedure called "creep tuning" which in effect, makes the bow hit the same spot whether holding firmly into the backwall, or not so much.

if your wifes bow is hitting differently when she holds hard into the backwall or when she creeps, then the cam sync and timing need to be adjusted.

as for the wall being soft, the wall on the infinite edge is about as solid as any dual cam bow out there with regular cable stops. if the sync and timing are off just a tiny bit, the back wall will feel very mushy, an very easy to creep.

with a decent set of strings on the bow, you will have no issues with sync or timing, and the backwall will be firm and consistent. i always suggest infinite edge owners to get a decent set of strings put on as soon as possible, because it will make a decent bow into a absolute great shooter, with no NEED to upgrade in a year or two.

Mr. Rowdy
March 27th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I must have been lucky, got my daughter one from bowhuntersuperstore for $295. She loves it. Shoots well, draw is smooth, back wall is mushy on lower poundage since it is a cable stop but so what. I would like to set it up for me and see how it performs as a man sized bow.

UCChris
March 27th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I am thinking about a Infinite Edge for my daughter. Question is how is the draw; is there a valley or lack of? Is the draw smooth or have a hump? How does it compare to a Bowtech Equalizer which is what she is learning with now? I don't want anything that will try to take off on her if she relaxes a little bit. Thanks

I tuned my friend's Razor Edge. It's not the Infinite Edge, but since the IE is a newer, presumably better, version of the RE then I think I can say that the valley is nice. I was able to relax a lot more than the Protec I'm shooting now. Also, the back wall was a lot more solid than I thought it would be for a super adjustable bow.

I agree on mushy at the lower poundages. But at higher poundages (my friend shoots it maxed out) it is pretty solid.

Mr. Rowdy
March 27th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Oh, valley, my daughter has never had the bow creep on her. Set the draw length and poundage to something that is comfortable for them and it works great. Do check the cam timing after any adjustments but it is fairly simple to check due to the cam markings

deadduck357
March 27th, 2014, 07:38 PM
My daughter is 14 and she got an Infinite Edge this last Christmas. She is shooting the hell out of that bow. She's out shooting the other youths at the range consistently. She's dead accurate with the IE. No she never has issues with it taking of on her. Two things about them though: The draw stops contact on the cables and not the limbs so it does have a soft backwall. A good remedy for that is to time both draw stops at draw. This does give a better wall. The other is the sight: it is a beginners sight at best and well enough to see if she likes archery. My daughter already wants a better one so we are upgrading, we ordered the Apex Gear Accu-Strike today.

Mr. Rowdy
March 28th, 2014, 08:53 PM
My daughter is 14 and she got an Infinite Edge this last Christmas. She is shooting the hell out of that bow. She's out shooting the other youths at the range consistently. She's dead accurate with the IE. No she never has issues with it taking of on her. Two things about them though: The draw stops contact on the cables and not the limbs so it does have a soft backwall. A good remedy for that is to time both draw stops at draw. This does give a better wall. The other is the sight: it is a beginners sight at best and well enough to see if she likes archery. My daughter already wants a better one so we are upgrading, we ordered the Apex Gear Accu-Strike today.

The sight is a PIA to adjust but it works for a kid. I removed all but the center pin to simplify things for the kids.