PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge Draw Weight Reference Marks

OldMike
March 29th, 2013, 01:54 AM
In the manual for the Diamond Infinite Edge, it states that each reference mark on the limb bolt is approximately 8.6% of the bow's peak weight. I'm wondering where this figure should be judged from. When I back out the bolt, and the mark on the limb bolt first shows out of the riser - is that the 8.6% point, or is it when the reference mark is further out somewhere?

The only picture in the manual shows the mark being further out, almost at the point where the next mark would be just about to raise out of the riser.

Curious if anyone knows or has tested actual draw weights on the Infinite Edge. I don't have a scale yet...

kerrye
March 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
If you have a bow scale, check the draw weight with the limbs bottomed out, then back out the bolts until the first mark appears and check the weight there. Simple calculation should tell you. I haven't done this yet but I should. It would be good to know for getting draw weight in the general vicinity you're aiming for.

OldMike
March 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
If you have a bow scale, check the draw weight with the limbs bottomed out, then back out the bolts until the first mark appears and check the weight there. Simple calculation should tell you. I haven't done this yet but I should. It would be good to know for getting draw weight in the general vicinity you're aiming for.

Thanks. Went out and picked up a bow scale this morning (I can't believe I never had one for my house).

Here is what I am getting - with three marks out and the fourth flush with the riser, it is coming out to 53 lbs. Looking at Diamond's manual it appears that with three marks out it should measure 52 lbs draw weight.

So I am going to guess that in order to use Diamond's formula of 8.6% for each mark, that it should be measured with the next mark flush on the riser, just before it pops into visibility.

Curious what your findings are kerrye.

kerrye
March 29th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Actually, I set up my bow back the first of January and I haven't messed with it since then except for shooting it and making a paracord wrist sling for it.. I find that the longer my timeline gets, the shorter my memory gets. Didn't notice that so much until I hit seventy.

mike387
October 30th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I did the math for it starting from 70# and working down to 40# and this is what I have gotten.

70#
64#
58.5#
53.5# - this being the fourth mark.
49#
45#
41#

All of these are rounded to nearest decimal or whole number.

dday@ddaylaw.co
November 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Each mark or segment = 8.6% of the "bows original peak weight" = 70# maximum pull weight = 6.02 lbs per segment as follows:

70# all the way closed
63.98# at the bottom of the first segment 2nd actual white line
57.96# at the bottom of the 2nd segment 3rd
51.94# at the bottom of the 3rd segment 4th
45.92# at the bottom of the 4th segment 5th
39.9# at the bottom of the 5th segment 6th white line

I did the math for it starting from 70# and working down to 40# and this is what I have gotten.

70#
64#
58.5#
53.5# - this being the fourth mark.
49#
45#
41#

All of these are rounded to nearest decimal or whole number.