PDA

View Full Version : Razor Edge stock string and peep rotation?

Manicdan
April 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm getting my top cam replaced due to a little damage and wanted to get rid of my peep that has the rubber tube attached and go with a normal one. The shop I bought the bow from said the stock string wouldn't work with a normal peep. At lancaster archery supply who's do the repair, they are saying they don't do custom strings and that I shouldn't get one, but think the stock should work with a normal peep.

I'm getting really confused with all this conflicting info and I'm not liking that shops have pros that can't give very good clear answers. Should I have them just replace the cam and get a string replaced somewhere else, or have them get a new manufacturer one and not worry about peep rotation because it really is a non issue?

bonecollector66
April 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
put a regular peep on my stepsons (stock strings) with no problems yet.
this summer were puting a custom string on his and my wifes bow , so i
think there should be no rotation .

Huntinsker
April 3rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
The strings on those aren't too bad. You may find that after the cam change you will get a little rotation while the string settles again but you should be able to fix the rotation by adding or removing twists from the string.

Manicdan
April 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I read that bowtech/diamond strings are great, so I assume they could handle some basic tweaks like any other. And while my bow is away I've been reading way too many tuning guides and now want to just tinker away when I get it back.

buckdoehunter
April 3rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
A tubless peep will work fine in the stock string. The stock strings are ok but nothing compared to a set of custom strings. I put Prolines on my son's Edge, the peep has not moved since I installed it. I would not put new manufacturers strings on it.

Manicdan
April 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Can you give me some details about it, I sent them an email on their website.
Would I be able to install it myself? (I am a smart guy and probably can figure most of it out as long as its not too easy to mess up)
And whats the expected cost compared to stock?

Manicdan
April 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM
called the shop back and the guy who answered was really nice, but the service guy was off for the day. and so while I do not know the status of anything he assured me it was easy and very possible for them to get me a custom string if I wanted. not sure if it will be made by them or not, but I think I would rather order from 60x here or proline and just install it myself. I get the feeling I would save 30-50$ too, or be really close to having them get and install a manufacturer string.