PDA

View Full Version : 2 new bows!

mknpwr
April 4th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Today I took my daughter back to the shop we had been recommended to. Last Saturday we talked to Steven at Atlantic Game and Tackle and he set up a bow for my daughter, spent time working with her shooting all between customers. Went down today and picked up an Infinite Edge for her and came home with a Core for me. Spent about 3 hours there getting set up and on the range. Wish I had taken video of her shooting, she was hitting the hanging ball targets at 17 yards and this was only her second time with a compound bow. She had been shooting a cheap recurve from the local big name sporting goods store so this was an absolute treat for her. She's hooked and wants to start competing and hunting next year. Looking forward to the time with her!

Garlar4
April 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM
That's cool I just bought my 8 year old a hoyt Ruckes and he wants to go to the range every day. To bad I hurt my self and can't shoot for a while. :sad: I miss the fun and time that we do it

Garlar4
April 4th, 2013, 10:30 PM
By the way I did the same thing. I bought me a bow while the pro's were working with him on setting his up.

mknpwr
April 4th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Haven't measured it out yet but I figure I've got 30-35 yards across the back yard with woods behind the backstop I put up last week. When we got home she had to get mom outside in the rain to see her shoot. I haven't picked up a bow in 25 years and having a daughter that wants to do it makes it all the more enjoyable!

Garlar4
April 4th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I fully understand that.

mknpwr
April 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Ok, with the backstop put up I've got 30 yards across the yard. I lose a couple yards with the woods on one side so I could get 35-40 if I cut back the tree line to the property edge. I may just do that.

kerrye
April 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Just cut a lane into the trees. Perfect !

mknpwr
April 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Cutting into the woods to the property line gave me 35 yards. We've been very pleased with both of the bows and will be trying our hand at 3d here soon. The daughter loves it!

mknpwr
April 21st, 2013, 10:58 PM
We shot our first match today! My daughter at first didn't want to shoot saying that she wanted to get better. Had her bring her bow anyway so if she changed her mind she would have the equipment to use. She was glad she did. Female youth bowhunter and novice male bowhunter, she scored a 236 and I came home with a 244. Can't really complain about that for our first time out at all. Couldn't have asked for a better day. By the time we had fininshed the first two targets she was having so much fun she forgot about being nervous. I think her biggest fear was not doing well in front of people but when she realized it would just be the two of us she couldn't he but have a good time. My wife is going to come next time to see how it goes and be our scorekeeper! Can't wait to do it again!