PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge Cable Clearance

buckdoehunter
April 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Just wondering if any Infinite Edge owners, shooting with 2 inch Blazer vanes, have noticed if your bow may have clearance issues between the fletchings and cables shooting the cock vane up. When I set up my son's, it looks like the cock vane needs to be in the 10-11 o'clock position to provide the best clearance and not contact the cables.

cconte
April 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM
My wife has no problems with hers, and she's shooting Blazers.

buckdoehunter
April 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I wonder if the cable rod hole is drilled off center, or at an angle, I will have to look when I get home.

cajun_man
April 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM
This is the position i had to turn ,in order to get clearance.Before this with the arrow rest that came with the bow it was killing my blazers.
I also changed from the octane rest to a QAD.
http://i34.tinypic.com/29dfu41.jpg

ikhmalok
April 25th, 2013, 01:57 AM
have you done walkback tuning ? my centershot is a bit to the left and have good vane clearance.

BakedMopar
April 25th, 2013, 11:06 PM
My daughters bow has about 1/8" clearance with 2" blazers with the stock rest.

buckdoehunter
April 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Finally got a chance to look at my son's bow, weather has been terrible for shooting, wind-rain-ice-snow, doesn't want to let up when I'm home.

The cable rod hole appears to be drilled correctly, the cable rod doesn't lean in. I did notice that there was alot of slop in the cable rod slide. I may try a saunders hyper glide on it and see how the cables sit with that installed. Turning the nock is not a big deal for me, the vanes still seem to move through the correct part of the whisker biscuit rest.

cock vane up
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/BuckDoeHunter/IMG_5386_zpsb30972da.jpg

cock vane at 10-11 o'clock position
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/BuckDoeHunter/IMG_5387_zps6f052f64.jpg

harpdude
May 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Since I went with a RipCord fall away rest on my Infinite Edge, the cock vane position doesn't matter.

gdcpony
May 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Not to hijack, but is anyone using FOB's with this bow yet? I am looking at getting one for my oldest, but we all use them.

nomad2081
September 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
With mine I noticed the rest and the nock point were to low out of the box. With mine I rased the rest up so the arrow is inline with the rest mount hole in the riser and that helps out a lot, even more than changing the cable slide you'll have to time it out again to sync up everything. And yeah the arrow is nowhere near center of the bowstring but that is just how it tunes out without contact

ricardo-sf
September 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
I've had no problem with 2" blazers with the cock vane up .. shooting RH infinite edge.

kerrye
September 3rd, 2013, 07:29 AM
I had a bit of a problem and I found that the slide rod hole had some material from when the set screw threads were tapped in protruding into the hole that prevented the rod from seating all the way to the bottom of the hole. I cleaned that out, seated the rod to the bottom of the hole and put the set screw back in, problem solved. My first indication of what the problem could be was when I noticed the angle of the rod.

ricardo-sf
September 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
as with all the fasteners on a bow, keep an eye on them and check them .. i had the slide rod start to rattle after a few weeks of use .. screwed that back down and its silent again.

npauls
December 17th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I was having vane contact with cock vane up on my IE with a code red drop away. I checked the cable rod and it seems to be fine. I am going to run the saunders slide and see how it is. I think it will pull the cables a bit further away from the string and make the draw and shot just a bit smoother. I have run the saunders slide on all my other bows that have cables slides and it improved everyone of them.

I am loving my IE and am actually thinking about swapping my other bow for a second IE to use as a target/back up bow.