PDA

View Full Version : Is the Infinite Edge really a "youth" or "ladies" only bow?

gmtx
April 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Getting the daughter a bow soon. She's 18 so physical growth has pretty much topped out. Getting something that can grow with her in the sport so she can freely explore weight, draw length, and even set up for bowfishing. Infinite Edge looks to be the ticket due to its versatility. She tried one out and liked it. However, she keeps reading about it being a "youth" or "ladies" type bow, and is concerned that she'll outgrow it as her skills improve. I told her that its just marketing and to concentrate on how it shoots to her.

So chime in adult Infinite Edge shooters. Let her know your opinion.

cconte
April 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM
I started my wife on one, and she loves it. I'm sure, like any bow junkie, if she settles in at a high enough DW, she might want to step into one of the big brother bows, but there's nothing she can't do with the Edge. I changed my wife's stabilizer, sight and rest from the factory ones. I think they market it as ladies and youth, because it can be turned down so low, so you can put it in anyone's hands and change it as they progress. There are a lot of men on these threads, who are using it for the same reason - so they don't have to rebuy bows or cams as they steadily pull higher weights. My dad just bought the Diamond Core for the opposite reason. He's getting older, and wants to be able to keep the same bow and just drop the weight, as he reaches points where he can't pull as much. The adjustability on the Diamonds is awesome.

Here's my wife's bow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hcfirefighter09
April 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
I have the Infinite Edge and to answer you question about if its a ladies or youth only bow. The answer is no its not, they market it that way because of the amount of adjustment that the bow has from 13-30 inches of draw length and 5 -70 lbs draw weight. It is a mens bow as much as a ladies and youth bow.

Huntinsker
April 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
I've shot them at 29" and 70lbs. They aren't like any ladies bow I've shot. They shoot pretty well at seemingly all draw lengths and draw weights. I've set them up for grown men that are plenty happy with them as they should be. A very good first bow.

crazy4bucks
April 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
It isn't a $1000 bow but is a great buy for someone just starting so they can start with a low draw weight and work there way up as there skills and strength improve. Just set one up last week and I was impressed.

Rapt_up
April 22nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
My Dad is gettin one as his first bwo as it lets him work into the sport get the exact right draw length for him without cams etc and lets him build up the drw weight as his strength increases. Its a great solution to adjusting to fit the user. And when my nephews and neices come to visit he can turn it down enough for them to use it t0o. :)

So its not just for kids. Its more than adequate for most uses see the huntersfriend website for a promo blurb about hwo great it is for everyone.

And most people as they develop skills move on the better equipment, its not that they outgrow it, because if she outgrows a 30" and 70lb draw weight she's one hellof a girl ;)
Thats said if she gets really into it she may want more specialized bow(s) but thats ok too she'll be grown and able to choose for herself. :)

NAVYBOWHHUNTER
April 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
It is just a great starter bow. I got one for my 6 year old little girl with a pink riser, she is left handed so it was a good but. Just to test it out I shot it at 30" and 70# and am very impressed with the way it shoots. The split yoke harness made it as easy as my insanity to tune. Eventually you will want to upgrade the rest, sight, and quiver but I would be more than happy to take it into a tree with me for a deer hunt and be confident it will do more than enough to get the job done.

Sent from my mobile deer scouting device using Tapatalk 2

kerrye
April 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
It is just a great starter bow. I got one for my 6 year old little girl with a pink riser, she is left handed so it was a good but. Just to test it out I shot it at 30" and 70# and am very impressed with the way it shoots. The split yoke harness made it as easy as my insanity to tune. Eventually you will want to upgrade the rest, sight, and quiver but I would be more than happy to take it into a tree with me for a deer hunt and be confident it will do more than enough to get the job done.

Sent from my mobile deer scouting device using Tapatalk 2

How about a "great finisher bow". I'm 70 years old, 5'10", 190 lbs. I've been shooting since the late fifties. Before there was such a thing as a compound bow. The first of January, I sold three old compounds and bought an Infinite Edge. I set it up, tied in the peep and tube and have been having a ball shooting it. Ten days ago, I tuned it for broadheads and have been out chasing turkeys just about every day this last week. I'll definitely be out in the woods this fall for deer season. I see no reason I will ever need or want another bow and at my age, I will probably be turning it over to my grandkids in a few years. My bow is set at 50 lbs. 28" and I'm using a three pin sight covering everything from 10 to 50 yds and getting good groups even when I shoot one arrow at every five yd interval out to 50 yds. Whether you are a man, a woman, a boy or a girl, you would have to be pretty egotistical to think this bow is beneath your dignity to shoot.

kody123
April 23rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
i am a 66 year old male and shoot one,i love mine.

ZX-11
April 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM
I was chosing between an Assassin and the Infinite Edge for myself after buying my wife an Infinite Edge. I thought we could share her bow but she didn't want me messing with it. The Assassin had binary cams and larger ATA so I got that one. Getting the Assassin also insured we didn't have matching bows. However, I think the Infinite Edge would have fit my needs as well and saved me $250. It isn't hard to keep its cams synced. And the infinite edge is a pound or so lighter.

Besides, I thought it would be fun to tune it and get it to where it scored as well as more expensive bows.

gmtx
April 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks all for your replies. She's pretty excited to get started. Good point about the Assassin costing more. She's made up her mind and is getting the IE. Can hardly wait till schools out. The way she figures it if she wants to move on to more advanced technology the IE can serve as a backup. No pink for her. She's going full blackout!

robprid
September 11th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I am 6'01" 210lbs and shoot 29' drawlength at 70lbs . This is one amazing bow for the price . I have just started shooting again after a 4 year layoff . I used to shoot a Mathews DXT and can honestly say that it compares favorably .