PDA

View Full Version : Question about Diamond Infinite Edge limb bolts

sillymike
May 7th, 2013, 08:36 PM
So, just bought the girlfriend an infinite edge. The manual says to adjust the limb bolts but tells you to make sure they are "NOT past the reference hole". Now, to me, this isn't clear. Does this mean that the bolt can go as far as you want as long as some of it is visible in the bolt hole? Like, if the tip is visible through the hole? Or does it mean that you can't let the tip show in the hole at all?
Does it mean that the tip can't go past the OPENING of the reference hole or does it mean that the tip can be visible in the hole as long as it doesn't actually LEAVE the hole and continue up further?
I reread the manual a number of times, and emailed bowtech with no response, and eventually ended up calling bowtech. Twice I got people who seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and after an hour they finally basically told me to take it to a shop and hung up, and once I got someone who still seemed to have no idea what they were talking about but eventually told me that it was fine as long as you could still see some part of the bolt in the hole (although I kind of suspected they were just trying to get me off the phone), and around this same time I got a very short email back saying kind of the same thing, but was still pretty unclear. By this time I had taken it to a shop, and they told me that they took it apart and under no circumstances would the bow be safe to shoot with any amount of the bolt tip visible in the hole. I talked to my buddy who has one (who recommended it to me for my girlfriend in the first place) and he told me that he took his to a shop and they told him the same thing: don't shoot it with any part of the bolt tip visible. You should see solid bolt through the reference hole.

I can;t decide whether to trust the manufacturer, who should know but gave me all kinds of reason to think they might not actually know, or the multiple shops who have all said the same thing and i know that the person who was answering my question personally had the bow apart and looked. Does anyone actually know the answer to this question? How far is it safe to back the bolt out on the infinite edge?

any information would be appreciated. thanks!

buckdoehunter
May 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
The manual says that once the limb bolt tips are visible in the reference hole, an additional 4-5 turns on the bolt can be made for adjustment purposes but not shooting. I take it as you can back the limb bolts out until you see the tip then thats it for shooting. I do understand what you are saying, its a little confusing. Error on the side of caution and once you see the tip starting to show, screw it in one full turn. Does your girlfriend need to have it turned out that far? At 26 inch draw length, on A setting, its only around 18 pounds.

sillymike
May 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
hi-
thanks for the reply. Yeah, she needs it out about that far. It's also a little confusing because, even with that interpretation, since the tip is tapered, you can see the tip at different points depending on how you tilt the bow. You think I'd be safe just looking perpendicular to the bolt (i.e. straight through the hole) and if I can see daylight under the bolt, it's out too far, but if I can't, i'm good?

Can I ask, where did you find the 4-5 turns out for adjustment bit in the manual? I didn't see it in there, but I miss stuff all the time.
thanks!

buckdoehunter
May 8th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I would say that if you see no daylight then you are definitely good to go. Its in the manual under A B and C adjustments.

When the application is strictly for bow adjustmentpurposes only, each limb bolt may bebacked out an additional 5 - 6 complete turnsin order to relieve the string and cable tensionsenough to switch from the factory “A” settingover to the “B” or “C” setting on the string posts.It is recommended that each limb bolt is backedout evenly per each turn before proceeding tothe next turn of the limb bolt. Please consultyour Authorized Diamond Dealer before makingthis adjustment.1. Before adjusting limb bolts, note setting onlimb bolt adjustment marks for future reference.
(See Figure 2).2. When making the adjustment from the “A” tothe “B” or “C” setting position, turn down limbbolts in small, equal increments, alternating fromtop limb bolt to lower limb bolt until the tip ofthe limb bolt is visible in the reference hole. DONOT draw bow back or shoot the bow whenlimb bolts are backed out past the limb boltreference hole.
3. Once limb bolt tip is visible, continue to turnout limb bolts, in same manner as above until4 full revolutions are made on each end. Checkstring and cable tension. If slack, stopping pointis achieved. If still under tension, turn each endan additional 1 revolution.4. At this point, string can be removed from onecam and installed on “B” or “C” setting

This is just for adjusting and NOT shooting, not sure why my text got so small. I have done this to my son's bow and it works good, no bow press is needed.

kerrye
May 9th, 2013, 09:44 PM
On my Infinite Edge, I backed the limb bolts out until they were just visible at the top of the hole. At that point, the string and cables were relaxed completely. No way you could shoot the bow with the bolts out that far. That was with the cam setting for the highest draw weight range, A. Now what the situation is on B or C setting, I can't tell you.

threetoe
May 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM
"Does this mean that the bolt can go as far as you want as long as some of it is visible in the bolt hole?"

NO

You do not want to see any daylight through that hole.!!!!

The FARTHEST you can SAFELY turn those OUT is to when you START to see through the hole.
If you see daylight through the hole, turn the bolts back in UNTIL you only see threads.

Bill

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
you can back it to back to no more than 5 turn plus don't shoot it at that or it can blow up, have the threads into the witness hole before shooting it the bow is design to where i can cgangr the string or cables without a bow press. it staes tha in the manual and i have talked to dick brobeck many time s at bow tech they own diamond.

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
"Does this mean that the bolt can go as far as you want as long as some of it is visible in the bolt hole?"

NO

You do not want to see any daylight through that hole.!!!!

The FARTHEST you can SAFELY turn those OUT is to when you START to see through the hole.
If you see daylight through the hole, turn the bolts back in UNTIL you only see threads.

Billtrue bill but don't shoot the bow unless:shade: you see threads in the hole, but you can after that. turn them evenly the same number of turns keep the timing in good shape:shade:

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
i do know for a fact the bow will adjust down to 5 pounds draw i have done it with it like it came from the factory but i have mine back up to 50pounds now that i have been working out witth the bow fit exercerizer

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM
i love this bow itis fast very quite, smooth and forgiving enough for this stroke patient.:)

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 11:27 PM
you can back it to back to no more than 5 turn plus don't shoot it at that or it can blow up, have the threads into the witness hole before shooting it the bow is design to where i can change the string or cables without a bow press. it states the in the manual and i have talked to dick drobeck many time s at bow tech they own diamond. tryit you will love it. which manual do you have? they have more than onethey sent me a youth. which has the infinite edge data in it the other one is for a razor edge?

blackhawk611
July 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
you should alway see threads in the witness hole at all times.

blackhawk611
July 17th, 2013, 04:56 PM
go to diamond website and look in the manuals for youth bow owners manual it is for the infinite. edge.