PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge derail

yates_27
May 18th, 2013, 12:06 AM
My friend derailed her infinite edge today. She went to draw and the strings popped off the cams. Has this been a common problem with this bow? She has had this bow 4 or 5 days
Thanks for your help

ZX-11
May 20th, 2013, 03:42 AM
It is not common. Normally this would be a draw done with fingers instead of a release. Like when messing around with it in the house instead of at a range. Could she have been twisting/torquing the riser enough to pull the strings off the cam groves? Hopefully draw weight was low enough to limit damage.

yates_27
May 21st, 2013, 01:02 PM
she could have been. Her draw weight is 38 lbs. We took it to a pro shop and they said the string is ok but the limbs do have marks from where the cams slapped them. They put it back together and everything seems to be fine.

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I have a Diamond Outlaw and the idler wheel was very narrow and shallow. I de-railed mine twice. I researched it on line and learned the wheel was a poor design and had been replaced on the new models. I went to my shop and they contacted Diamond for me (Diamond wouldn't respond to my e-mails, they only told me to contact a authorized dealer. They wouldn't even tell me if the idler wheel was re-designed. Pissed me off. They should be putting this info out) . The idler wheel has been re-designed since my bow was made, and the new idler wheel is now much deeper and wider. Diamond sent my shop the new wheel for free, and my shop replaced it for me. I haven't had a problem since. If you look at her idler wheel and you can see the cable over the top of the wheel, you have the old design. Contact Diamond, through a shop of course, and have it replaced.

Huntinsker
August 29th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I've not seen that on an Infinite unless it was severely torqued either by a finger draw or with the grip hand. Usually this would be done by a novice shooter that's either over bowed or who needs serious help on their grip. So far the Infinite has been a pretty stellar bow and I'm getting my wife one for her first bow.

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Here are some pics of my new idler wheel. It is much wider & deeper than the old one. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/30/y5a4u9y8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/30/epy7ynet.jpg

Huntinsker
August 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
The Outlaw and the Infinite have completely different cam systems and cam grooves. They aren't anything alike really.

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Cool, I didn't know that. Just trying to help. The change in my idler wheel was pretty huge.

Huntinsker
August 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Cool, I didn't know that. Just trying to help. The change in my idler wheel was pretty huge.

Yeah the difference it makes is big. Too bad it took them so long to admit that it was a problem before. There are a lot of ruined strings out there because of it.