PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good Infinite Edge bow package?

stormer83
June 13th, 2013, 10:49 PM
This is my 1st bow I've read enough to know Infinite Edge is a good bow but what about all the stuff this package comes with?

https://www.huntersfriend.com/2013_Diamond_Infinite_Edge_Pac kage/pink-compound-bow-universal-fit.htm

ndm
June 13th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Good beginner accessories, but stay off this site or you're going to want more, more, more.

Totemkopf
June 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
The apex sight and hostage rest are junk. It's not a bad package but you could pick up an edge with the apex sight, quiver, sling, peep sight, d-loop and hostage rest for $349 from most diamond dealers.

kerrye
June 16th, 2013, 10:33 PM
The apex sight and hostage rest are junk. It's not a bad package but you could pick up an edge with the apex sight, quiver, sling, peep sight, d-loop and hostage rest for $349 from most diamond dealers.

This. I agree on the sight but I'm becoming a fan of the junky little hostage rest. And from Bass Pro to Big Box to dealer, the $349.95 is pretty much standard. Good bow, good price.

Huntinsker
June 16th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah the standard "#1 choice" sight is junk. Definitely go with option 2 on the sight. The rests are a closer call. The whisker biscuit won't wear out while the brushes on the hostage will over time wear out.

kerrye
June 16th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Well, in six months since I bought my IE, I've probably shot about a thousand or more arrows and no detectable wear yet.

stormer83
June 17th, 2013, 06:59 PM
well I ordered it from the site, it in my area the 1 store here did not have much in the bow section any good stores are about 45 mins or more away so it was easier to order online my kids don't give me much time to shop other then online stores, Luckily my in-laws have a lot of land so I can use my new bow there as I wont have time for a range until school starts

Totemkopf
June 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Enjoy it stormer83

Huntinsker
June 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Well, in six months since I bought my IE, I've probably shot about a thousand or more arrows and no detectable wear yet.

I have seen dozens of them come back in with all 3 brushes worn to nubs. Keep an eye on yours. It'll happen.

cconte
June 17th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Well, you don't have a choice. The basic package comes with it. Get rid of the rest first. If you can afford to do both, you might as well change the sight to, because you are going to hate making adjustments. The bow itself is great. I bought it for my wife, and she lovies it, but I ded change all the bells and whistles, because the rest felt came off quickly taking her shots out of alignment immediately, and I got really tired of trying to get that sight dialed in for her.

stormer83
June 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thank you everyone for your help, It was shipping today I should have it in about 5 days or less.

I will use all the stuff it comes with for now but in time when I have some extra money I will put some better stuff on it but since I am new to this I have no clue what is woth buying in the accessories any help would be great

chaded
June 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
There are a ton of options out there. Best thing to do is figure out what your budget is going to be for the sight and rest first and go from there. I am going to probably replace my wife's stuff with some sort of drop away and a single pin sight (probably HHA). But with that being said, these accessories will be fine for her for now.

jason5641
June 19th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I ordered my sons IE from there. So far I'm very happy with it and more importantly so is he. Opted for the better sight and a WB.

stormer83
June 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
yay I got the bow today cant wait to use it

blackhawk611
July 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
i bought mine at dick's sporting goods, diamond is like bow tech and they give all military people a 15% discount so i was out the door with $315.00 for the entire package look on diamond website if you are deployed or have been i got back from Iraq in march 2010 had a stroke 15 April 2012 i can draw and shoot my bow now i am so happy with this bow. i put a true glow 4 pin sight and a su z z a peep. this Friday the trophy taker extreme sl is going on back water outdoors is in stalling and timing the rest for me do i still need heat shrink on the cable?