PDA

View Full Version : Utah deer hunters please help!!

Bowhunter1034
June 28th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hi everybody. I drew a archery tag this year in Utah. I drew the nothern boxelder tag. I have never been up in the area and am hoping that somebody on here has. I have no idea were I should even start scouting. If anybody has been in the area maybe you can help me out. Any help wanted. Thanks

Bowhunter1034
June 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Anybody?

sneek-ee
July 2nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Box Elder county for deer hunting is mostly all private.
Where are you coming from? That is a tough unit for archery, and just tough to access in general...

You need to try and get access to private.. Look on wildlife.utah.gov and go to the Walk-In Access page and look for the walk in areas in box elder county that will allow you to hunt deer.

I'd head out to Park Valley/Grouse creek area.. It's been super hot this summer already. If you find a couple water holes and sit them you can kill a deer. Spot and stalk would be pretty tough in most public areas in this unit. You can look out by Clear Creek past Park Valley. But good luck.

The only other people that have archery tags for this unit are people who have private or access and know where water is. There is ton of leftover tags for Box Elder...

Bowhunter1034
July 15th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Ok thanks for the reply. Im actually under 18 so i can hunt all 3 of the seasons. But wanted to try to harvest one with my bow. So is there much pressure on the unit?