PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Diamond...Deadeye vs Outlaw

hawkdriver55
July 4th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Martin Archery is circling the drain and I am going to be getting a new bow by the end of the year. I have narrowed it down to the Outlaw and the Deadeye. Price is not an issue with this purchase and I know the Deadeye is a bit more than the Outlaw. Need some input from the folks that have these bows. I have shot the Deadeye and was impressed with the speed. Outlaw shooters weigh in and Deadeye guys weigh in with your input. Give me the pros and cons of both.

Thanks guys!

waydownsouth
July 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
deadeye all the way,my brother shoots this bow,its fast,smooth,and accurate, not to mention it looks awesome!

hitman450r
July 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I have not shot the Deadeye, but as far as the outlaw goes.. Best bow ive owned / shot.. The balance is perfect, smooth draw and pretty damn fast, but most of all the accuracy is amazing. The Deadeye to me seemed to want to fall forward awfully bad kind of reminded me of a mathews reezen 6.5 which i owned and honestly hated. I equipped my outlaw with a qad drop away and a g5 xr2 most deadly bow ive owned out of all the mathews, bowtechs, ect. Good luck with your purchase! You wont be disapointed with the diamond.

WUD DUK
July 10th, 2013, 11:03 AM
If I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with the Deadeye....all the way! There is a review on youtube where they shoot the Deadeye and chrono the speed at 327 fps! Don't remember what the draw weight, draw length, etc was. But it got my attention! Also, it's a good looking bow as well.

Mikenmel08
July 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Deadeye hands down ....

hawkdriver55
July 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
They both have the same cam don't they???? I have shot the Deadeye and it seemed smoking fast but the draw cycle was very aggressive. Does the OutLaw draw cycle feel the same?

vito9999
July 11th, 2013, 02:31 AM
The draw is basically the same do to the throttle cam, however IMO the feel of the 2 bows is very different because of the flex guard on the Dead Eye. The Dead Eye just felt and shot better to me.

yeayea
July 11th, 2013, 02:43 AM
I have shot the outlaw but not deadeye...but i hear there is alot more tourke with the deadeye cus of short bh and the deflexed riser

chiefbkt
July 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Draw cycles are very similar. I have both and prefer the deadeye over the outlaw. Either way, you can't lose.

randy_darshe
July 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Can you even get the deadeye anymore?

I have shot both and decided on the outlaw. Can't really explain why, but it just shot better for me.

CelticSavage
July 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
The Deadeye can still be found in some shops. The revamped it and labeled it the Fear No Evil Diamond

Huntinsker
July 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
The Deadeye is VERY front heavy and wants to fall forward in a bad way. They both have the same cam yet the Deadeye's draw out to 29" (my DL) seems rougher. I did not care for the Deadeye at all really. It's not a bad bow, just not for me. The Outlaw is more enjoyable to shoot IMO.

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Wow it looks like the vote is pretty split. I have never shot the Deadeye, but I do own an Outlaw. I love mine; smooth draw, accurate, and fast. The only issue I had is that mine was made in early 2013, and it came with the old idler wheel. It has since been replaced on the newer models with a much wider, and deeper groved wheel. This prevents a de-rail if you don't have the best form. I did de-rail mine, but after taking it to my dealer/shop, a call was made to Diamond, and the wheel was replaced at no cost. Now my bow is a keeper!

smokinallmeat
September 24th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I have shot both and own the Deadeye. The extra speed doesn't matter much to me because both are plenty fast for my Missouri and Kansas whitetails, but the Deadeye just simply felt better to me. I have the new idler wheel installed on mine as a precaution and for peace of mind although I shot over a 1000 arrows with the old style and never had any problems. I would just say shoot both and go with what feels right to you. Both are great bows.