PDA

View Full Version : Draw length adjustments

SMDfisher
July 11th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hello,
I have a 2009 "Rock" that I bought new 3 years ago. It's a 29" DL with 60-70# limbs. I am wondering if someone can shed some light on some mechanics of the bow and probably applies to any bow in general. I have the DM module on mine. If it's set up for 29" draw, shouldn't it always be 29" whether the let-off is 65% or 80%? When I back out and move the set post from 1-10 more towards 10....that is more towards 80% let off but the draw length gets a little longer. I like how it crosses the valley and sets real nice but I'm pulled back a little farther than I want. If I move the set post a little more towards the 1 position then the let off is supposed to be less but it doesn't cross the valley the same and feels like it wants to shoot more, I have to hold it back a little harder to keep it from going.

I really like the bow and have shot several deer with it including a nice 8-pt last season. Just not sure about maybe upgrading and going to something else. This is my only issue and if I could get resolved then I probably wouldn't feel like I want to upgrade. It's set at 64# and feels great otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Mordekyle
July 31st, 2013, 12:02 PM
You can keep the post where it is and get a new mod 1/2" shorter. That will give you 80%, a longer valley, and the DL you want.

SMDfisher
August 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I went to the shop 3 weeks ago to see about getting the mod and walked out with the Bowtech Carbon Knight....ha ha....I need to either sell the Diamond or just keep it as a backup, it's pretty much flawless. I guess now that it's sitting I can probably try and find the 1/2" shorter mod.