PDA

View Full Version : Third Hand archery stabilizer straps

TroyP
August 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
I just ordered my first tree stand in preparation for my first year hunting with a bow and with all my reading I keep hearing how good the third hand archery straps are. Unfortunately they have a minimum shipping charge to Canada and that makes the straps more than double in price. Im hoping maybe someone has a set kicking around they will get rid of.

foyt20
August 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Get the Kentucky bow hunter package. It has everything, and it will make the shipping worth it :). Or look at a hardware store for tiedown straps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gridman
August 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
I just ordered my first tree stand in preparation for my first year hunting with a bow and with all my reading I keep hearing how good the third hand archery straps are. Unfortunately they have a minimum shipping charge to Canada and that makes the straps more than double in price. Im hoping maybe someone has a set kicking around they will get rid of.

I don't know what the order is, but I would also consider the treestand bow holder and buy them two together at least..........if it qualifies you will be glad you did

TroyP
August 3rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
minimum shipping charge is $35 That puts the bow holder and straps up to about $70 or a little more after the exchange :( Can the same thing be achieved with a set of tie down straps?

john_m
August 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM
You could use a set of tie down straps but it would be very bulky & cumbersome to use. You may want to check with Lone Wolf & see how much they charge for shipping the straps they sell. They are not as robust a design as the Third Hand straps. My son has a set of 3rd hand on his climber & I have a set of Lone Wolf on my stand. I've used them for 3 years without any issues at all.

Squirrel
August 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I was going to suggest the LW straps maybe as an option. I have been using mine since 2009. I would like metal clips like the thirdhand straps, but mine have never given me an issue.