PDA

View Full Version : Accessories upgrade necessary?

Gus004
August 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I bought a 2012 Diamond Redhead Toxik package last winter, my first bow, and have really enjoyed shooting it. It has the stock hostage rest, apex sight, octane stabilizer, etc. Gonna be hunting for the first time with it this fall. I've read quite a few people who have said upgrading the sight, rest, etc. is a must, is this true? I have no basis for comparison as this is the only bow I've ever shot.

snoozer
August 11th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Actually ,the sights are pretty good ....but the hostage rests suck. Replace it with a decent dropaway and you'll be knocking gnats off flies at 40yards

John 3:16...,says it all.

hoythunter1861
August 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
As already stated, the sight you've got is not yhat bad. Now, if you want to spend the money on a new one that completely fits the way you like it, then go for it.
But I would first use the money on stab and rest. Take a look at Stokerized stabilizers and my favorite drop-away of all time the NAP Apache.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Gus004
August 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Cool, thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

drewga11
August 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
There is really not anything wrong with what came on your bow. Upgrading to something else is simply a matter of personal preference. My brother and I have both shot Diamonds with the exact same accessory package and haven't had any problems killing deer with them. I upgraded to a new bow, new sight and new rest this year only because I wanted to try something different.

chiefbkt
August 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM
The Apex sight that comes in the package is decent when shooting during the day, but its junk in low light conditions. I ditched mine after my first evening practice session. I would recommend upgrading that at a minimum. I have replaced both my hostage pro rests with QAD drop aways. Do what your budget allows.

Gus004
August 17th, 2013, 12:32 AM
The Apex sight that comes in the package is decent when shooting during the day, but its junk in low light conditions. I ditched mine after my first evening practice session. I would recommend upgrading that at a minimum. I have replaced both my hostage pro rests with QAD drop aways. Do what your budget allows.

Good tip, I'll definitely be checking that out. Thanks again guys!