PDA

View Full Version : SSII specifications?

flybyjohn
August 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me a few things about the SSII camera board. The website is limited on the information and haven't got a reply back yet on the questions I asked. Just want to get stuff ordered and need to know a few things first.

1. How many seconds is there after the first picture is taken to when the SSII will trigger another picture if there is movement detected when set to the trail position?

2. I know they sell a 3.6v battery for it and say it will also run off a 3v cr2 battery, But what I would like to do is wire it up to run off my single cell lithium polymer battery that will also be used for my camera external battery power. It has a voltage of 4.2v when fully charged. Does anybody know if the SSII will run off of 4.2 volts?

flybyjohn
August 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I think I have found the answer to number one in another site. But if anyone knows the answer to no. 2 I would appreaciate it. Thanks.

Bowgod02
September 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
The SS11 does have an onboard voltage regulator, so I think you would be safe running the board at 4.2 volts.

flybyjohn
September 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks Bowgod02, I just used the recomended battery for this one and think I will wire it into the external battery on the next 2 I do.

kdornski
September 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM
The SS2 board should run from 3 to 12 volts but if it drops below 3 volts it might start false triggering just something to think about when hooked to your external power