PDA

View Full Version : diamond fugitive question

diesel305
August 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
i bought a diamond fugitive last week and it came in today early afternoon. everything was fine with the bow except i noticed the string on the idler cam only goes in halfway. looks like it can derail easily or eat up the cable. has anyone had a problem with it due to the idler cam? or is there an update for a deeper groove idler cam ???

diesel305
August 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
anyone ????

Huntinsker
August 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
That's just how they made them. They did make a deeper groove for the 2013 Outlaws that you may be able to get a hold of through a dealer.

Many many people have derailed the 2010-2012 Diamond bows because of the shallow idler.

diesel305
August 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
thank u ill give the dealer a shot

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Yep, I have an early 2013 Outlaw & it came with the same idler wheel you have. After I derailed it twice, I did some research & found that Diamond has redesigned the wheel. They will replace I for free, but you have Togo through a dealer. They wouldn't answer any of my e-mail questions except to tell me to contact a dealer. My shop called them & got me the wheel & installed it. No issues since. I only wish Diamond had made this info more public. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/7ubu6u7a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/memagugy.jpg
Here's pics of the new wheel. Note how wide & deep it is. Good luck friend. PM me if you have any other questions.

diesel305
August 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I went to my diamomd dealer last week they did just what u said theyll do. Thats definatly alot better then the orginal. Excellent! Thank u for the info and posting the pics im glad to see that!

RNMike
August 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM
No problem friend. It's why we're all here!

msgtdan
August 31st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Just went to look at my fugitive, I got it last new years at the bass pro catalog outlet store. Looks like it's already been modified, thanks for posting the info and pics.

ftucker69
September 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Derailed my after abouty fifty shoot bought new 2011 took back to dealer replaced cam no problems since nice bow not impressed with issues came off at 3/4 draw kinda gun shy for awhile. GOOD LUCK!!!

maddawg0517
September 13th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I am waiting on my new wheel now because I just want to know its safer...but i've put over 1000 shots through my 2011 diamond outlaw with no derails. if it derails while drawing, then you may be struggling too much to pull the weight. The known derailment issues have been said to happen during a let down from full draw, or while shooting if you have poor form and torque the bow badly. Even with a shallow groove it shouldnt derail when drawing.