PDA

View Full Version : Nocks

Detemeat
October 11th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Ok guys/gals, even though this hunting season isn't over, I was wondering what the majority of you would suggest for next year. Turbo Nocks or Mag Nocks? It will be on a hunting bow. I figure if it gives me a little more accuracy, what the heck, especially if I can beat my friends during practice all summer:D ;)

Derbytown
October 11th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Try them both, and use which ever one works best for you. Nick is coming out with the Turbo-Hunter in a couple weeks., this could be what we've all been waiting for. That's this old hillbillys' opinion. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

Jim Pruitte
October 11th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Just good ole fashioned G-nocks for me... :p

Lonewolf92c
October 11th, 2002, 10:42 AM
I would suggest trying Turbo Nocks in the off season. You could switch now, but am not a fan of changes in mid-season. You will love the flight and the groups.
Currently shooting Turbo Nock off Parker bow with QT2000 rest, Carbon express 300 291/2 inches long with 100gr Rocky Mountain Snyper. Flies as well or better than same arrow with STAGGERED FLETCH (ask me all about this, it's a dream!) or feathers (which I love!)

Harvest pics to follow as soon as I get out to hunt. Damn pro shop!!

Missbyalongshot
October 13th, 2002, 12:06 PM
I'm with Jim on this one: good old g-nocks on my target bow and bohning or easton super nocks on my huntnig setup.Used them for years now.

Jig
October 13th, 2002, 02:27 PM
hey Dete
it doesn't really matter what knocks you shoot it is your fletchings you should worry about:p

signed your neighbor
Jig:cool:

nick snook
October 17th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah !! If you try TURBO NOCKS you do not need fletching.
I have just OK'd the final samples from the production mold and have the first order placed and should have the new TURBO HUNTERS in stock in a few days. I tested the Hunter with Muzzy and Red furies and satellite broadheads , hand shooting out to 40 yds with excellent groups. averaging 1 1/2 inches.
I hope monday to do some hooter shooting. I have a range set up outdoors where I can go to 100yds. I will probably take the broadheads out to 50 then put on target tips and see what the Hunter can do on distance grouping.
I am also doing final testing on a version that will fit acc and redline-g-nock size shafts. and hope to have it ready for the AMO SHOW>