PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Swapping my Outlaw.

Glenn58
September 7th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Well I bought my new Outlaw on 8/3 when Bass Pro was having their Hunting Spectacular. At the time I wasn't aware of the issue with the shallow idler wheel. I called Bowtech this week and found out mine was last years model. Tonight I went to Bass Pro to pick up a few things and went to the archery department and the three Outlaws they have all have the "deeper" idler wheel. I spoke with the manager there and explained the issue. He said within 30 days there's no questions asked regarding returns. I bought mine on 8/3 so it was just over 30 days. He called the store manager and explained the issue and told me to go grab another one and they would hold it and swap it out tomorrow.

I've always have had really good luck with Bass Pro in general but this puts them pretty high on my list for great customer service!

So now I have to pull off all the upgrades and go through the setup process again...but well worth it!

RNMike
September 8th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Strong work friend, you'll be happy you made the switch. The difference in the new idler wheel is huge! Have fun with it, if your biggest problem is setting up your new bow, you're way ahead of most of us! Ha-Ha!!!

Glenn58
September 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hey Mike,

Picked up the bow yesterday. Hugh difference in that idler, nicer camo pattern and nicer string. Really glad I pursued swapping for a current model. Swapped my stuff on and have it initially setup. Fortunately I have a clear 58 ft in my basement. Hopefully will get outside after work and tune it in some more and paper tune it as well.

Thanks again for the heads up on the idler wheel!!!

RNMike
September 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
No sweat Glen, have fun with that thing!

maddawg0517
September 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Bowtech/Diamond has TERRIBLE customer service on this issue. They refuse to acknowledge this as a "problem" yet mysteriously updated/fixed the idler wheel in 2012 to a deeper groove. I contacted customer service about purchasing the updated wheel to prevent future bow damage or personal injury and this is the response I get-

Timothy,

Good morning, thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not sell components from newer model bows. If there is a warranty situation then the product will be updated as needed.

Bowtech Customer Service/Technical Support
(541) 284-4711 Phone
(541) 689-2220 Fax

Well great, I don't have a warranty as I purchased my bow second hand and its non-transferrable. I was getting ready to purchase another bowtech product but I am pretty sure this will keep me from doing so.