PDA

View Full Version : Diamond/Bowtech...customer service done WRONG

maddawg0517
September 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I have a 2011 model Diamond Outlaw I purchased second hand so I have no warranty on the bow as the lifetime warranty is non-transferrable. Through some research I have found that the main issue with these bows is the shallow groove on the idler wheel/top pulley. There are many reports on various forums of string derailment upon let down of the bow, or from shooters with poor form and bad torque issues. Diamond/Bowtech refuse to acknowledge this as a problem but mysteriously in mid-2012 these bows were upgraded to a much safer deep groove idler wheel. I am in the process of having a little overhaul done on my bow with new strings and cables, and thought I should contact Bowtech to PURCHASE the updated wheel to go with my new strings.

This is the response I received-

Timothy,

Good morning, thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not sell components from newer model bows. If there is a warranty situation then the product will be updated as needed.

Bowtech Customer Service/Technical Support
(541) 284-4711 Phone
(541) 689-2220 Fax

So basically what they are saying is it will have to break first before they will fix it under warranty, but since I did not purchase the bow new from a dealer and have no warranty, I am SOL. It is sad that they have a potentially dangerous product and the only way to “fix” it is for it to break first. I am not trying to get them to upgrade me for free, I asked to purchase the upgraded part to prevent an issue.

I am disgusted over this issue and am dead set on purchasing another bow before next season (too late to buy a new one now) and never supporting Bowtech/Diamond again. I can support a company that is content with covering up a potentially dangerous issue and not even giving customers an option to fix their bow to prevent it. Sad part is I liked my Diamond enough to go out and purchase a brand new Diamond Infinity Edge for my wife a month ago.

E.Zeller
September 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Have you tried to get the idler through a Diamond dealer? The shop may be able to order one and sell it to you.

Glenn58
September 10th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Hey maddawg,

I had a similar experience with Diamond/Bowtech. I purchases a new Outlaw on 8/3/13 from Bass Pro unaware of the shallow idler wheel issue. I contacted Bowtech CS through their website and explained to them I wanted to get a replacement idler seeing I bought the bow less than a month ago. I was even willing to pay for it. However I got a similar response to yours...must be their "CANNED RESPONSE"!!!

I ended up going back to Bass Pro and talked with the archery dept and store managers explaining the situation. They told me to go pick out a new Outlaw and they would exchange it with no questions asked. Seeing you didn't buy it new I would go to an authorized Bowtech/Diamond dealer and I bet they will help you out.

I really like the bow but in the future I'd probably stick with a Mathews. I was using a MQ32 for years (which I still have) and NEVER had a problem. Don't ask me why I didn't stay with Mathews...maybe just "old age"!!!

Good luck getting it updated!!!!

RNMike
September 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hey friend, I too am a 2nd owner of an Outlaw & after much research, 2de-rails and the same canned answers you got from BowTech I went through my shop whom is a Bowtech/Diamond dealer & after 1 phone call they had the new wheel on the way in the mail. They obviously only want to deal with dealers & not the public. Try an authorized shop & you will get your idler replaced. Here is a pic of the new wheel on my bow. PM me with any questions & good luck!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/11/me8agy3e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/11/ju4a8y8y.jpg
Big difference!

maddawg0517
September 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks to my local archery shop I now have a new wheel on the way. Hoping it doesn't take more than a week to get here. The shop must install it, then it is going to another guy who does bow tuning work on the side for new custom strings from X-fire. can't wait to have this thing driving tacks again.

RNMike
September 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Any resolution friend? Just wondering, I thought the fact that BowTech wouldn't talk to you or I was low, but at least when I went through my shop I got a response. I think it's really shady that they ignore requests from owners, and I think it's even worse that BowTech keeps it a secret when they discover a flaw in one of their designs and fix it. I mean really, how much does it cost them to make that idler wheel, and is saving that amount of money worth pissing off your customers?

RNMike
September 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Good to hear!

ftucker69
September 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
They fixed mine no problem after the fact pretty shady they acted like it wasn't a flaw in bow just the shooter bow made me nervous to shoot for a while I actually wore safety glasses for a while.I would catch myself flinching for about a hundred shots or so. BS last diamond I buy...:pukey::pukey::pukey:

maddawg0517
September 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I should state that from the get-go I was willing to pay for the "upgraded" wheel even tho it should be replaced for free as a safety hazard, but without a warranty I will eat this one for my personal safety. $55 is the cost for the new wheel. Not a big deal because I think the bearing is getting worn anyway as it squeaks when i draw...which is not gonna be good when hunting. In 2 weeks it will be better than new.