PDA

View Full Version : infinite edge stock sight

katelizanne
September 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
hey i was just wondering, what you guys replaced yours with?
i just got this bow a few weeks ago, and i hate the sight that came with the bow (3 pin apex sight)
it is real hard to adjust it to the right and it keeps moving and is making me frustrated

kerrye
September 18th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I put a five pin Cobra on mine along with a NAP Apache drop away and it's working out real well.

GVOllie
September 19th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I put a tru-glo 5 pin on mine and my daughter's. Replaced the rest on mine with a trophy taker fc. Lovin' this bow!

blackhawk611
November 7th, 2013, 03:16 AM
i put a 4 pin truglow and a trophy taker xtreme fc sl drop away rest on mine i love it no issues at all.

Snyperx
December 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
I just got a Infinite Edge and am also looking at replacing the stock sight/rest. For the rest I am looking at the NAP Apache. As for the sight I have no idea, way to many choices. I don't want to spend a ton since I mostly shoot recreational and target.

Ridge4Runner
December 22nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
I ordered an Infinite edge for my wife for Christmas and after looking at the RTH package at a local retailer I also ordered a Trophy Ridge Punisher sight ($32 on Amazon) and a QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter. A friend of mine has the Punisher sight and has been happy with it and the price wasn't bad.

Rick_TX
December 22nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
I replaced the stock sight on my Infiinite Edge with a Tru-Glo Xtreme 3 pin and it shoots great now.

Snyperx
December 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Well I popped an order at Amazon for the Trophy Ridge Punisher 5 and the NAP Apache rest. I would guess anything is better than the stock sight/rest combo:-)

bastage
December 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
I have an infinite edge stashed in my room for xmas.. I have to admit that the stock accessories seem to be crap.. I will be upgrading them with the stock accessories that came with my Bear Mauler (trophy ridge 5 pin & a whisker biscuit). as soon as my daughter actually gets the bow for xmas.

npauls
December 23rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
I replaced the stock sight with a trophy ridge cypher 5 and the rest with a code red drop away and it is shooting really good now. I really like the quiver that it came with so I will be keeping that and I added a trophy ridge stabilizer to it.

bastage
December 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Well I just couldn't even wait to give it to her before changing the stock rest & sight.. They now have the stock stuff from my Bear Mauler.. The sight is a world of difference going to the cheap trophy ridge.. I am really surprised as I wasn't really expecting there to be much difference till I held them up next to each other. This Apex gear stocker really is about as cheap as they could get it..

walrus
December 25th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Got an IE for my daughter for Christmas. First on the list is to replace sight and rest.

Wish they had the IE without all that crap hanging off of it.

I hear her stirring upstairs. Looks like its time to unwrap and eat some breakfast.

Snyperx
December 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I got my Trophy Ridge Punisher 5 and NAP Apache in. Mounted them up, but am having an issue with the Octane quiver. I can get the quiver to mount up since the tool-less adjustment nobs on the Apache stick out so far. Any ideas on how to resolve? Did I mount something up wrong?

kerrye
December 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
You can change where the levers screw into the adjustment knobs. I had the same problem and worked around it. The quiver still touches in one spot when mounting it but there is enough give in the quiver for it to go ahead and snap into place.

Snyperx
December 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I ended up getting a G5 Head-Loc quiver and that did the trick. It mounts higher than the stock Octane. It also is much quieter and more adjustment.

pwrfinder
December 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Funny you should ask about sight replacements... I just received two replacement lights for the three Trophy Ridge Punisher 5 (pin) sights that came with my three IEs (an option through huntersfriend.com in lieu of the stock sight). The first one fell off after I inadvertently over-loosened it to turn it off. The second one, with only two days left in the season, also came unsrcewed after ""borrowing" it from my girl's bow (without asking :( - NOT cool). I was desperate to have it replaced before she discovered hers was missing. Obviously I would have been more than happy to pay for a new one... However, Bear Archery, manufacturer of Trophy Ridge REFUSED TO CHARGE ME!!! They wouldn't even let me pay shipping and handling; not even postage!!! And the new replacement lights for both sights (hers and mine) were an updated and revised version that fit perfectly - complete with batteries - and they are fool proof. By that I mean, when you turn them off, they don't fall off, like the other two did. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of Trophy Ridge d.b.a. Bear Archery.
My only other suggestion - contrary to the more popular suggestion per huntersfriend.com - is to go with the larger, rather than smaller peep sight for use with a 5-pin, as opposed to 3-pin sight, which I also had to have replaced in the course of replacing my string because it was sliced at the site of the peep sight (it remains to be seen whether or not that will be warrantied, per se, by huntersfriend.com, who installed it). In any event, my argument in favor of the larger is that the target isn't obliterated, such that instead of sighting IN on the pin, or within the sight's circumference, but instead one sights AROUND the entire sight, instead of around a given pin (it's hard to express in writing, but if viewed like a bubble, it's seen to float to the center, so to speak). Anyway, God Bless America, and God Bless Bear Archery's Trophy Ridge Punisher 5, and most especially, God Bless their astonishing customer service: 1-800-694-9494

BowtechOkie4498
December 30th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Trophy Ridge React

Snyperx
December 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM
So in the end I replaced the sight, rest, and quiver.

Apex Sight ==> Trophy Ridge Punisher 5
Hostage Rest ==> NAP Apache
Octane Quiver ==> G5 Head-Loc

bowandsnow
April 3rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Having the same exact issue, mine has been shimmed, but.....time to replace!!!

VORTEC429
April 3rd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you have a nice setup now.

deadduck357
April 3rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
The stock sight sucks. It's considered a beginner sight but as much frustrations it causes for a newbie it is not good. Replace it. Replaced my daughters IE sight with the Apex Gear Accu-Strike - MUCH better.

needsomehuntn
April 7th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Replaced my son's sight with a HHA single pin slider. Next is to replace the rest but I'm not sure what to put on, looking at the QAD or NAP Apache.

darksidemxer
April 10th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Wife has a qad hdx on hers with a hha slider .010 pin

uplandhuntress
May 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I upgraded to the Archer Extreme headhunter Pro 3 pin sight for mine and love it. Just ordered a new Trophy Ridge Revolution rest for it too, the stock stuff that come on it is not that great :/

Sp0oN
July 7th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Trophy Ridge React

Hey mate, Do you have the React on an infinite edge? If so - does it have any problem with "running out of tuning" space for the sight? (the min. 240 fps thing for the react ..) ? Thanks in advance!

taylola2010
August 15th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Looking for a new sight and rest for my IE as well! I need a new peep as well. My tube sight popped off yesterday. Should I go with larger or smaller peep depending on the number of pins on the sight?

deadduck357
August 15th, 2014, 08:49 PM
The number of pins doesn't have to do with the size of your peep. Peeps are pretty much a personal preference thing. The smaller ones are better for targets. You want one that is a little more open for hunting. How large again depends on you.

taylola2010
August 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback :) got one today along with a new sight truglo carbon xs 4pin

taylola2010
August 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I love the sight. It's super easy to adjust. Had bad luck finding batteries for it. Got some at Walmart and then returned them bc they didn't fit. Lost the $back on the way out lol. Oh well made somebody's day. Ordered some on eBay. Hope they fit. Peep sight is good just annoying to have to keep moving it back in place.

deadduck357
August 17th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I love the sight. It's super easy to adjust. Had bad luck finding batteries for it. Got some at Walmart and then returned them bc they didn't fit. Lost the $back on the way out lol. Oh well made somebody's day. Ordered some on eBay. Hope they fit. Peep sight is good just annoying to have to keep moving it back in place.

Sight should have come with batteries. Peep can be adjusted so you don't have to keep twisting it.

taylola2010
August 18th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah somebody took the batteries out of that package at the shop. I have been adjusting the knocking loop to try to train it. Is that what I should be doing?

Glenn58
August 18th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Yeah somebody took the batteries out of that package at the shop. I have been adjusting the knocking loop to try to train it. Is that what I should be doing?

Your string has stretched since you got it. Without the tube peep to position it you'll have to add/remove twists in the string to properly position the peep. Factory strings are not know for being high quality and will stretch after some use. Most new custom strings use either BCY X or Brownell Fury string material which is super stable. Bring it back where you purchased it and they should be able to properly position it. Twisting the D-Loop will not correct the problem.