PDA

View Full Version : What bow case do you all have?

RNMike
September 23rd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Hey friends,
I'm looking for a bow case for my outlaw, and of course there are a thousand different cases out there. Do you all use a hard case or soft? And do you recommend the one you have or wish you never ordered it. Any advice would be appreciated!

Glenn58
September 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Mike,

I ordered a SKB i-Series case from OpticsPlanet last week. Free shipping and no sales tax!
I plan on traveling and wanted a quality hard case.

Here's the order info...

MFG's information on it... http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=14

RNMike
September 23rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks Glenn. That thing looks sweet, not cheap though! Quality costs & I guess it's cheap insurance for an expensive bow and attached goodies. Plus, the guys at the airport really don't care how mug you payed for your bow!

RNMike
September 23rd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Common guys, I know at least half of you must have hard or soft cases. I need some help!

bow up
September 24th, 2013, 12:10 AM
This is the one I have

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2089717

sawicki4x4
September 24th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Skb hybrid until some low life walked off with it at the range. Next one will be a pelican 1750 case. Seen those thing run over and not have more then a scratch.

AlaScott
September 24th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I debated this for a week or so after purchasing my first bow a few months ago. I ended up purchasing the Plano compact hard case for about $30 at academy. I am happy with the protection it provides and allows me to store the bow with quiver attached and additional arrows in the lid. If I were going to fly with it, I would want something heavier made, but for general use it has been great.

RNMike
September 24th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the responses guys!

RNMike
September 24th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Skb hybrid until some low life walked off with it at the range. Next one will be a pelican 1750 case. Seen those thing run over and not have more then a scratch.
I F#%*%#G hate crooks! Hope you find that pr*ck!

wpod
September 24th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I have one of each. SBK hardcase and Cabalas "tarantula" soft case

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Invisible Man
September 24th, 2013, 01:07 AM
If your not going to fly with your bow I don't see a need for a hard case. I travel by pick up a lot and find the soft cases are better for that. I have 3 Game Plan Pass Through soft cases and they are perfect.

sawicki4x4
September 24th, 2013, 01:12 AM
I F#%*%#G hate crooks! Hope you find that pr*ck!

As do I. I'm sure I will never find him. I'm just thankful my bow was not in the case at the time.

RNMike
September 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Alright friends, thanks so much for the help. I went with a soft bowcase for now. I need something to throw my Outlaw in when I toss it in the truck to go to the range and shoot/hunt around my home in SoCal. I don't think I'll be flying with it until at least next year when I go to my parent's house in Colorado. I got the Game Plan Pass Through 2. It was a steal at Eders.com for $81.79. I know they have a few more in sock, so if anyone is thinking about a bow case soon, I'd go for it. I've found them priced as high as $129.99. It has amazing reviews as well as Invisible Man's props. I can't wait to get it! Thanks again friends!!! Cold beers for you all!!!