PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Archery Simulator Technohunt TH200 - $9500 (Southern Illinois)

y33trekker
October 3rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Offered for sale is a Technohunt TH200. This is the single shooter Technohunt archery system that includes the upgraded arrow speed chronograph and simulated yardage capabilities of the TH300 multi-shooter system.

I've tried not to get too long-winded with the amount of info in this ad, but since we both know these systems aren't exactly cheap, I wanted to try to address as many questions as possible now to save us both some time later.

The system is currently disassembled and ready for pickup/delivery, but the sensors and software were confirmed as fully functional when I took delivery using some basic diagnostic tests suggested by an employee of the Technohunt company. Two items of note are that the projector bulb was described by the previous owners as starting to dim slightly, and, new reflective tape will be required since the previous owner applied it directly to the floor and walls and it could not be removed without tearing when the system was disassembled. I've priced replacements for a new projector bulb and new reflective tape at about $300 total.

System includes desktop pc with Technohunt software, three different shooting scenario DVD's, pc monitor, keyboard, mouse, canvas shooting screen (with new metal eyelets), upgraded Newton Model 1410 Infrared arrow sensors, sensor cables, Rocketport Interface box, video projector, blunt arrow tips, operating and calibration manual, etc, all ready for installation and usage.

The pc currently runs Windows 98 because the previous owners took an "if it's not broke, don't fix it" approach with system upgrades in light of the cost of a replacement/upgrade pc from the manufacturer. They chose instead to spend their money where it mattered most, which is why this system has the upgraded Newton Model 1410 sensors and DVD video playback. In short, it has it where it counts for shooting accuracy and video quality.

You'll only need a shooting tunnel and some archers. Manufacturer recommend shooting tunnel sizes and building instructions can be found on the Technohunt website.

Shipment is possible, but I would prefer local pickup or meeting halfway to make in-person delivery so that the expensive Newton 1410 arrow sensors wouldn't be exposed to rough riding commercial delivery vehicles (UPS/Fed-Ex/etc). Everything will fit in a regular sized truck bed, although I would suggest bringing a mid-sized SUV (or a truck with a bed cover or topper) so that all of the electronics would be protected in case of any bad weather during the trip. For additional reference in choosing a vehicle, the fiberglass rods used for the canvas shooting screen are about 10 feet long, so something with a roof rack would also be helpful.

Fall is here, so act now and have your simulator up and running for the fall/winter hunting seasons.

Technohunt TH200 Archery Simulator.

Reduced asking price is $9500 plus shipping and/or delivery expenses if required. call or text - (618)841-5675 177661617766171776623177663917 76640

y33trekker
November 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to clarify this. I purchased this system already disassembled after being assured by the business owner who owned it previously that it had been fully functional up to the point that he disassembled it. When I went to the business to get it, I connected and powered everything back up and confirmed that the sensors and software were fully operational using some basic diagnostic tests suggested by an employee of the Technohunt company. I have not set it back up in an actual shooting tunnel since I bought it (long story), so aside from seeing for myself that everything worked when hooked up and turned on while sitting on a table, that is all I can personally say about the system.

Still available as of 11/15/2013

DoubleLung22
November 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM
How much do Archery Shops charge an hour or whatever for a round of shooting this thing is awesome I have never seen one in a shop around here !

y33trekker
November 17th, 2013, 12:49 PM
How much do Archery Shops charge an hour or whatever for a round of shooting this thing is awesome I have never seen one in a shop around here !
The main factors I've noticed that determine pricing are what type of system the shop has (single or multiple shooter), and how big the city or town is where the shop is located. The following links were just the first few places that were listed when I ran a Google search for "Technohunt rates". And I don't know how close it would be to you, but the last link is for a shop in Vancleave, MS (a little northeast of Biloxi), but I didn't see any info on how much they charge to shoot on their Technohunt.

(Appalachian Archery - Hancock Maryland) - http://www.appalachianarchery.com/techrates.html

(Avid Archers - Soda Springs, Idaho) - http://avidarchers.com/Shooting%20Schedule%20Calendar .htm

(Shooters - Traverse City, Michigan) - http://shootersrangellc.com/services.html

(Bluff Creek Outfitters - Vancleave, MS) - http://bluffcreekoutfitters.webs.com/technohunt.htm

DoubleLung22
November 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Thanks Ima check it out Bluff Creek is not really too far

y33trekker
November 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks Ima check it out Bluff Creek is not really too far
Sounds good. And once you get hooked on shooting on the Bluff Creek Techno, just let me know where you want to meet to buy the one I'm selling. :wink:

y33trekker
January 26th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Asking price reduced.

$9250

creed dave
January 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM
They are a lot of fun with multiple shooters and doing techno tournament!
Had a local range with one, he got divorced and shop closed up.

y33trekker
January 27th, 2014, 12:33 AM
They are a lot of fun with multiple shooters and doing techno tournament!
Had a local range with one, he got divorced and shop closed up.
That's pretty what I'd planned to use this one for, but I don't know much about archery myself, and the guy who had the archery experience that was going to handle all that stuff had his health take a turn for the worse, so he decided it was probably just going to be too much for him to do.

Haven't been able to find anyone else local who has the time, experience, or interest, so in the meantime until another archery expert comes out of the woodwork, I'm posting it for sale in various places to give myself other options.

y33trekker
February 27th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to use this system.

Open to offers.

y33trekker
March 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Currently listed on Craigslist in a couple of different locations for $7300.

That price is good here too.

y33trekker
July 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
System is still available.

And I didn't think of this before, but seeing as how I'm a relative unknown here, the following link is to my Ebay ID and feedback page for further reference of my past selling experience.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/pak65

y33trekker
July 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM
A more direct link to my actual selling feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=pak65&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

y33trekker
September 23rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Sold 9/22/14