PDA

View Full Version : infinity edge?

huntnutsbro
October 4th, 2013, 01:00 AM
any of you guys familiar with the diamond infinity edge bow? i bought one for my boys, during the off season we had it set up for short draw and low poundage for my youngest. well now i have it set for my oldest at 28.5 draw and about 66 or so pound weight. i timed it and synced the cams up, and 20 shots later its off again, and shoots like crap. so i have timed it for the third time and its doing it again. its always the top cam is way behind (like a 1/4 inch from hitting the stop) then bottom cam. has anyone ever tried to get bowtech to warranty strings? or are they even covered? i would have thought they would have settled by now. it was shot quite a bit at 25 to 30 pounds, and close to a hundred shots or maybe more at 60 plus. i will say tho, when its timed, its damn accurate! lol and way quieter then my McPherson edge is!

any help is appreciated.

kerrye
October 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Don't know. I've been shooting my Infinite Edge for nine months now with the factory strings. Had a tech at Bass Pro time it for me once. I've tinkered with the draw length to get it where it feels best. Changed to a NAP Apache rest and a five pin sight. Went out to sit a tree stand for the first time this fall last Tuesday and realized before I got in the car that I had not shot a broadhead yet since Turkey season last spring. Unscrewed a field point and screwed in an old roughed up broadhead and shot at a 2" by 2" piece of duct tape from the forty yard stake. Broadhead hit in the low right corner of the tape. ¾" off the aiming point. Good enough. Went out today after spending two hours mowing the yard and shot four arrows from fifty yards. I could reach around all four with my thumb and middle finger. I don't see any problems with the bow.:thumbs_up

johnnyshave73
October 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I have set up about 10 of them. Every one that I have sold, neither of the stops were touching at the same time. Called bowtech, they told me to twist the cables until they both touched at the same time.

Tony Bagnall
October 4th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I was told when I got one for my wife last week to make sure the limb bolts are exactly the same when you turn them... or the timing goes out.... look closely at the white marks on the limb bolts.... when I dialed the bow down for my wife I had one bolt the bottom tighter than the top by less than an eighth of a turn.. Yep it felt strange and shot all over.... I looked saw the difference on the limb marks and adjusted so they were the same.... and it now shoots great.....

huntnutsbro
October 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I agree that these are great shooting bows guys. And I have checked that each limb is out the same distance. Just has me worried that its always the top cam/cable with the issue. Hoping the cable doesn't come apart with my son shooting it.

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk 2

pwrfinder
October 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hey Huntnutsbro-
Your post scared the bejabers outta me!
I just ordered the first of three Infinite Edge "packages," literally two days before seeing your post. Since the option remains of switching at least one of them out to a Diamond Core (with a single cam, instead of dual cams), let's say I needed certain assurances that I wouldn't develop your symptoms with the other two bows...
I called "Jason" at Huntersfriend.com, and he swears: "We've sold 1,500 of them (Infinite Edge), and we have never had one come back (due to your symptoms). However, he went on to say: "Of course in every barrel there could be a bad apple."
Now, I think that's real curious. I see the argument of dual vs. single cams, like the argument between electric windows vs. using a handle, and I see your symptoms as illustrative of that issue...
Anyway, from everything I've read since the start of this thread, Bowtech isn't exactly user friendly in terms of customer service (since their target market is dealers rather than consumers). However, since hunterfriend.com IS user friendly, and they are "factory authorized," perhaps you might have them take a look at your bow. The freight is cheap enough (compared to eye ball surgery), and IF it's the case you have a faulty top cam, limb, or whatever (other than strings), their repairs/replacement(s) could be covered by warranty.
In any event, I for one would sure like to know how the solution to your difficulty is achieved. Again, I'm pretty sure it's the perfect example of that "dual vs. single cam" argument, and even though the most expensive bows generally appear to have gone the route of dual cams, that doesn't speak to their stability. In other words, even if dual cams are still somewhat less stable than single cams, the question remains, generally: "What’s the best solution?"
So, please let us know what you discover as the solution to your bow's problem..

Huntinsker
October 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
They are good shooting bows for the amount of adjustment they have. I have sold a ton of them since they've come out. Over 100 I'd guess. The strings and cables are decent but they are not the best. They are as other factory strings are, a temporary deal until you get a quality custom set made. Bowtech will not warranty them. No company has the strings under warranty. Some companies will send you a new set of threads if something on the bow is cutting them or prematurely wearing them but not because of stretch/creep. Look into getting a good set of strings and you'll have a better bow than it is now. I recommend Proline strings. They are top shelf threads.

huntnutsbro
October 6th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Hey Huntnutsbro-
Your post scared the bejabers outta me!
I just ordered the first of three Infinite Edge "packages," literally two days before seeing your post. Since the option remains of switching at least one of them out to a Diamond Core (with a single cam, instead of dual cams), let's say I needed certain assurances that I wouldn't develop your symptoms with the other two bows...
I called "Jason" at Huntersfriend.com, and he swears: "We've sold 1,500 of them (Infinite Edge), and we have never had one come back (due to your symptoms). However, he went on to say: "Of course in every barrel there could be a bad apple."
Now, I think that's real curious. I see the argument of dual vs. single cams, like the argument between electric windows vs. using a handle, and I see your symptoms as illustrative of that issue...
Anyway, from everything I've read since the start of this thread, Bowtech isn't exactly user friendly in terms of customer service (since their target market is dealers rather than consumers). However, since hunterfriend.com IS user friendly, and they are "factory authorized," perhaps you might have them take a look at your bow. The freight is cheap enough (compared to eye ball surgery), and IF it's the case you have a faulty top cam, limb, or whatever (other than strings), their repairs/replacement(s) could be covered by warranty.
In any event, I for one would sure like to know how the solution to your difficulty is achieved. Again, I'm pretty sure it's the perfect example of that "dual vs. single cam" argument, and even though the most expensive bows generally appear to have gone the route of dual cams, that doesn't speak to their stability. In other words, even if dual cams are still somewhat less stable than single cams, the question remains, generally: "What’s the best solution?"
So, please let us know what you discover as the solution to your bow's problem..

Well, it appears that after a few days of shooting it at the higher poundage it has stopped creeping. I plan to have strings built for it asap. But, its tuned and shooting great right now. I was worried I guess because I figured it would have settled with all the shooting my youngest did at 25#, but apparently it wasn't enough tension to fully stretch em out. We will be watching it. And probably leave it if it stays, until he has shot his first deer. Which almost happened tonight, had a decent 8 point at 30yrds, he just wasn't comfortable with the shot. LoL will let everyone know if it keeps happening. Thanks.

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk 2

huntnutsbro
October 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM
So far so good with the infinite. Has creeped a tiny bit more, but still shooting great.

Kahkon
October 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Ya, strings on any 350 dollar bow are always going to be an issue....Glad you got things working again.

blackhawk611
November 7th, 2013, 03:52 AM
no the string is not covered under warranty read the owner manual. i was told it and the cable will stretch the more i shoot mine.. so timing it is the deal, be sure you wax the crap out of the string and cable it is the life of them. like my crossbow. they won't last long if you don't wax them.good luck an d good hunting.:)

icemanls2
November 7th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Can't stress good threads enough. Creep can drive you nuts! Glad ya got it figured out.

huntnutsbro
November 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Yup, going to order some twisted archer strings and cables for it after season is over. It has done real good so far. My son shot his first archery deer with it Friday after he got home from school. Made a perfect double lung shot at 30 yards. He had it tracked and drug out before I got home from work!