Archery Talk Forum banner

My 1st Silver

816 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  garmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
This past Saturday I went bowfishing for the second time in my life. Last year I went once from the bank on a small private lake, where there were carp everywhere. After quite a few misses I eventually got me 3 fish. It wasn't until yesterday that I got to go again. I do not have a boat and I am fairly new to the area, (Alton, IL) but I met a guy at work that said he would take me to a spot on the Mississippi river were we could just wade out and shoot. The water was shallow with a hard sand bottom. We were not out 30 minutes and he shot a Silver that was right about 20 LBS. A half hour later I noticed the water moving a lot, there were a few fish near me, but I just couldn't see them to shoot. After a few minutes the water went still, I figured maybe I spooked them, but right before I started to move I looked down and saw a nice sized fish 5 feet infront of me. I drew and shot and the next thing I know this fish darn near jumped out of the water. It was crazy being that close when I hit'em. My fish was a Silver also weighing real close to 20 LBS. You should have seen the look on my face. I haven't fished all that much in my life and the biggest fish I ever was probable 2 LBS. My fish this weekend is pretty small compared to the rest of the bowfishing world, but it was a monster to me. I am more than hooked on this sport now. I am going to need a boat because I have a lot of big water in my area. I am a little long winded, but I jusyt want to share my story. I really enjoy this site and have learned a lot from everyone.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.