PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Deadeye/ Fear no evil

nicmoy2001
October 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I currently have a 2009 black ice and looking to stay with diamond because ive found them to be great bows, especially for the cost. Im interested in the newer deadeye and the new fear no evil models and just want to get some opinions on them and any input

smokinallmeat
October 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I am on my second Dead Eye (first one stolen) and absolutely love this bow. My first was a 2011 and had the shallow idler wheel, but I never had a problem with it. The one I have now is a 2012 and has the upgrade or deep idler and I have to admit, it does give a peace of mind. This is a very solid shooter and I couldn't ask for anything more. When set up right it is crazy fast, dead in the hand, and quiet. I only hunt whitetail and turkey, no elk, moose, bear or anything like that, but couldn't find a better feeling bow for me after shooting about 8 different ones.

PAJason
November 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM
How much does the newer idler wheel cost? I can get a pretty good price on a Deadeye, but the wheel looks very shallow.

smokinallmeat
November 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I am not sure of the cost. This second deadeye had the newer cam already on it. I did hear one time that a buddy thought they were around $30 (part only) but take that with a grain of salt. You know how talk around the garage can get....lol. Sorry I cant be more help. Maybe a quick call to a local Diamond Dealer could get some answers.