PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Infinite Edge or Core?

B-rock
October 19th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hi, guys! New to the forum and new to archery. If this has already been posted I apologize, I promise I did look. I have looked into the Diamond Core and the Infinite Edge, I was curious as to why the Core costs more money and if it worth the difference in cost. They seem pretty similar other than the cam system. I plan on shooting both, but was just wondering if the Core was higher quality. Thanks for the help!

Windwalker7
October 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I believe they are the same except for the cams. The Core has a different system and get 80% let off compared to the Infinite Edge's 75%. Both great bows!

My GF shooting the Infinite Edge, only her second time shooting a bow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fAv_smIC0

B-rock
October 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I would be very happy if I was shooting like that on my second go! I appreciate the feedback! Great YouTube channel too

blackhawk611
November 7th, 2013, 03:46 AM
i would be happy with her and the way her bow shoots, to me it is a lot louder than mine, after talking with nick droback my cam timing is off he thinks. i will check it when i get the chance, i put the shock stop stab on mine, plus the simms quads on the imbs.i am impressed how quite it is.

B-rock
November 9th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I ended up shooting both. The Infinite Edge was much smoother than the more aggressive Core. In the end saved the money and got the Infinite Edge. Mine is very quiet

kerrye
November 9th, 2013, 10:57 PM
You won't be sorry. IE is the best bow I've shot in more than fifty years of shooting. I put my younger son (37) on my bow yesterday afternoon. Hadn't shot a bow in almost 20 years. Coached him through draw, anchor, line up peep and sight pin and squeeze the trigger. Two shots, 30 yds, four inches off aiming point and three inches apart. He was impressed.

coolhand2234
November 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I have just recently got back into bowhunting after being out of it for about 4 years. I am going to get Diamond Edge here in next 2 weeks. Local shop states men, women, and teens buying it like crazy! Great all-around bow that apparently won't break the bank.

Huntinsker
November 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
The Infinite claims to get 75% let off but at most DLs and DWs it gets closer to 65%. The Core is super smooth but I don't think it should cost as much as it does. Both are nice bows but if you want one that has better let off, go with the Core. If the let off doesn't bother you, go with the Infinite.

Capt Mason
November 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I just ordered the infinite edge for my 11 year old daughter, it should last her for many years to come.

walrus
January 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Found a great deal on the Core. Just a few dollars more than the IE. Question I have is whether its worth it. Daughter has the IE and loves it.

Need to hear from those that have shot both. Overall is the Core that much better of a bow? Is it more suitable for a full size adult shooter such as myself? Forget about the accessories because I'll replace those right out of the chute.

B-rock
January 19th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Sorry for late reply. Though I am definitely not an expert in the least bit I prefer the IE. The Core shoots a little faster and has camo on the limbs. IE is smoother to draw, less expensive, and will kill deer just as well. I was willing and almost wanting to buy the Core over the IE but after shooting both I couldn't justify the extra money. The dealer I bought from even recommended the IE over the Core, even though the Core is more expensive, if that says anything

Scottmisfits
January 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
My wife has an IE and wanted a new bow already. So we went shooting. Not knowing what she likes and doesn't like while shooting made it tough but not one single bow jumped out at her like the IE did. Hoyt's, Bowtech's, PSE's, Bear, or other Diamonds. The only thing I'd like to see is something a little more solid for a back wall. I actually had to turn her draw weight up to get a higher let of weight so she was holding more tension. I'm not a big fan of high let-off percentages. My bow is set to 70%ish, but I wouldn't want to go any higher. I did some experimenting and found accuracy went up when you have to hold more weight back, to a point. My wife proved it to me as well.

Basically, smoother draw cycle, lower let-off %, and cheaper, it was a no-brainier for my wife.