PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Infinite Edge string vibration issue

Naitachal
October 22nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
I bought my wife an Infinite Edge earlier this year, and it seems to have developed some string vibration on the upper half of the string that lasts for about 1.75 seconds after releasing an arrow (once the string has returned to resting state). It's visible and audibly different than we recall it being a few months back. I can post a video if anyone wants to see / analyze prior to suggesting anything.

My first thought was that the string somehow stretched, and isn't as tight as it should be. Her bow is currently at about 32 pounds. I tried tightening the limb screws by three turns just to see if that made a difference, and it seems to be slightly better, though it's too heavy for her to draw as much as she'd like at that weight - so I put it back.

Does the string need to be replaced - or is there something else that can be done to fix it?

Overall, we both believe it's an awesome bow for someone who is starting and will be developing strength over time. We've already replaced her rest, sight, and stabilizer with much nicer ones than the kit it came with, and the next step will be to custom paint it (she does airbrush painting - and is working on a design now).

Thanks!

buckdoehunter
October 23rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Got the Infinite Edge for my son. No vibration as you describe. Are you using the stock peep with the tube? Any string silencers on?

If you get a chance on the video, post away, I would like to see it.

Naitachal
October 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
It didn't come with a peep - so we had the shop put one on. No string silencers. I just took a slow-motion video (iPhone), and will post it up shortly.

Thanks!

rockdeer
October 26th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Sounds like you may have a draw mod that might have loosend up on you. Check all of the screws on your wifes bow to make sure that nothing is loose.

icemanls2
October 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
A short video would help alot.

threetoe
October 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you may have a draw mod that might have loosend up on you. Check all of the screws on your wifes bow to make sure that nothing is loose.

Yea...My sweetheart has an Infinite Edge and it's real quiet.

Is the string stop loose or not set up where it should be? There should be a tiny gap between the string and the rubber stop.

I'm not to happy with what you're saying. Be careful.

Probably something loose.

TwoInch
November 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
naitachal, got an infinite edge for the GF a few weeks back, and are having similar issues. i have spent quite a bit of time trying to get our vibration to quit.

what i have figured out is that the top cam i vibrating on the axle it seems. if i add slight pressure to the left hand yoke split, it will stop, if a add slight pressure to the right upper yoke split, it gets worse. i took the string stopper off to check the bottom, and it is whisper quiet. very different noise coming from top and bottom cams.

i tried the local pro shop, and i got zero help. acted like i was hearing things, and a "what do you expect, its a $300 bow" type response.

if anyone has experienced similar issues, with any bow, and knows a fix, it would be appreciated immensely. the bow is getting louder and louder as she shoots more. it was whisper quiet when new.

forgot to add, the bow is tuned, and timed perfectly. took some work with the string stretching, but is timed perfect now. all cam screws are tight, and loctited. great shooter, just getting louder and louder up top.

blackhawk611
November 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
mine only makes noise when i am trying to get my left arm to allow me to draw more weight, i am stuck at 40 pounds.i have tried weight, bow fit exerciser., but can't get past 40. i would like to be shooting 60, but for right now sitting down this stroke patient can't get past 40:(

blackhawk611
November 7th, 2013, 03:30 AM
last night i was thinking about your noise issue i wondered, if the string stop is taking too much of a hit, put bowjacks on it to help quiet it down, leave a gap between the string stop, and the string a small gap. the string stop is on a carbon shaft into the riser.it is transferring noise all over the bow.