PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: Audio system speakers.

Les K
November 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
OK, a long shot I know, and a far cry from anything archery, but before shooting a bow I was into upper mid-fi audio. I have some rather large floorstanding speakers that I would like to trade for small high quality monitors. No cash either way so they will have to be some pretty good monitors. I just want to try something different. You must be local to the SoCal area so that equipment can be checked out, and these are far too large and delicate to ship.

What I have are the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven, with the BOOK-MATCHED rosewood and matching serial numbers. The rosewood alone was a $500 option. These speakers were hand built in Vienna, Austria and compliment classical music very well. They are 4 ohm impedance, and can be driven with up to 200 WPC (I'm running a 130 WPC Musical Fidelity amplifier with a Krell preamp-these speakers were never driven to their full potential). They originally sold for $4500 per pair. If you're still reading, then you probably already know all about these speakers.

What I'm looking for are some monitors, hopefully with stands, such as high end Totems, B&W Nautilus 805's, Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, or the like. If you're interested, let me know, either PM me, or email: archer55@att.net and let me know what you have!

Best Regards,

Les K.

Les K
November 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
still a long shot, but bumping it up.....

J-Dubyah
November 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
At first when I read this I was curious what you that you considered premium audio till I read you had Vienna Acoustics...I have the VA Mizart Grands and love them!

Good luck!

Les K
November 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, here in SoCal the O.C., houses are small and very expensive so space is at a premium. I also love the Beethoven's, especially the mid-range to die for, but something smaller would be nice to try. I'm glad you like the Mozart's! Vienna's are great for classical and jazz, and can also rock a little bit!