PDA

View Full Version : Funny or Strange hunting stories

Reb3
August 6th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I was Deer hunting a climber one morning, after a couple of hours of no luck my mind started to wonder. I was watching the squirrels play and chase each other when all of a sudden one chased the other up the tree I was in, and into my stand. I have to admit it wasn't funny at the time,but one of us had to leave, and I wasn't sure who. Needless to say they were faster than I was so the solution came quick; back down they went faster than you can bat an eye. Well I sat there for a minute and finally got my heart beating again. It seems pretty funny know,but thats one hunt I'll never forget :D :D

cagoodwn
August 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Yea, those tree rats can be amusing at times. Well, the first year I started bowhuntin I was in a ladder stand behind my cousin's house. I had sat from sunrise to about 11 o clock without seeing a deer. But those little tree rats were running around all morning. I decided it was time to leave so I stood up and noticed a squirrel under my stand...time for a little target practice. Well, I knocked an arrow with a judo point on it. I drew back and nailed that squirrel...smack perfect hit. I got down from the stand and started to walk over to it. That little bugger started running with my arrow sticking out of him. So here I am chasing a squirrel around the woods trying to get my arrow back. Then that thing climbed about 40 feet up a white oak with my arrow. I went back to the house and got a .22 and finally got my arrow back...tough little thing uh! I gave the squirrel to my uncle. He loves them.

Blacktail Hunter
August 6th, 2005, 04:37 PM
My brother and I were squirrel hunting when we were kids with our single shot .410 shotguns. He shot one out of an oak tree on the side of a hill, and it musta fell 100 feet to the ground. He walked down the hill to get it, and when he bent to pick it up, the dang thing jumps up and takes off. I guess he shot the branch he was on, and the fall stunned him for a few seconds.

I aint sure who jumped higher, the squirrel or my brother.

sgs
August 6th, 2005, 04:51 PM
A buddy of mine was walking out to his stand in Wisconsin on opening morning of gun season. He got a cramp in his gut all of a sudden and had to stop to relieve himself. This was a ritual for him, he always stopped at the same deadfall to help aid him in a nice morning dump. Well, this time, he heard rustling coming down the trail, he figured it was his hunting partener lost so he proceeded to finish his duty. All of a sudden there was a bright light shinning over his shoulder and all he heard was " Oh my f-ing God ". He got busted with a turd hanging at the exact time another hunter came upon him in the dark. They ended up meeting each other later that evening. I'll tell you what, you never know what you are going to run into walking in the woods when it is dark, but that has got to be the most frightening.

12Cedars
August 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I was hunting with my father in law my first year out with a bow, I got a shot at a doe. I was hunting on the edge of a fied and after the deer had been hit she ran into the open field and down the hill into the woods. I proceeded to get down at dark to go track her. Well when I got to the field I laid my treestand, Bow and backpack in a pile on the edge of the field. I found the deer and was so excited I didn't know what to do. A little while later I saw headlight coming down the field. So I signalled my Father in law so he knew my location. He parked the truck and started walking down to me. I said I got my first deer and he said thats great but I ran over all your equipment back there on the side of the field. (Bow, arrows, treestand, all my gear in my backpack) I pretty much had to buy everything all over again. Pretty expensive first year out with the bow for me. But at least I got to upgrade everything I had.