PDA

View Full Version : What to look for - Diamond Infinite Edge

bastage
December 3rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
So I ordered a Diamond Infinite Edge for my daughter from Cabela's. I don't really like buying archery equipment from big box stores as the support is lacking, but the price was 225 (350 - 100 cabelas cash - 25 for opening up an account with them) so it undercut archery shop prices by a BIG margin.

Since I know that the support from Cabelas is going to be limited & I am going to have to pay for anything from the local archery shop I go to (they are a diamond dealer) is there anything I should be looking for right out of the box on this.

And if its important it will be set somewhere in the neighborhood of 22" DL & probably less then 20lbs to begin with.

Tony Bagnall
December 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
A new sight... the one that came on my wife's was horrible.... changed it out immediately ....

Huntinsker
December 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
So I ordered a Diamond Infinite Edge for my daughter from Cabela's. I don't really like buying archery equipment from big box stores as the support is lacking, but the price was 225 (350 - 100 cabelas cash - 25 for opening up an account with them) so it undercut archery shop prices by a BIG margin.

Since I know that the support from Cabelas is going to be limited & I am going to have to pay for anything from the local archery shop I go to (they are a diamond dealer) is there anything I should be looking for right out of the box on this.

And if its important it will be set somewhere in the neighborhood of 22" DL & probably less then 20lbs to begin with.

Sounds like Cabela's didn't undercut any price. Original price is $350 but they were nice enough to give you a good gift card and incentive to get a good credit card. That's not undercutting any price at all. I think you'd be surprised about how much support you'd get from some of the big box store archery departments. I've seen them take a bow off the rack and take parts off their bow to fix a customer bow just so the customer didn't have to wait for the parts during bow season. I've seen a ton of things like this from the Cabela's near me. Which Cabela's did you get the bow from?

To answer you question though, get rid of the sight for sure. The hostage rest can be used for a while but if she shoots a lot, it'll start to wear out and cause inconsistency when the brushes break down.

bastage
December 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
The price was undercut regardless of what they gave me for opening the credit card with them... That only saved 25 of the 125 dollar price difference..

I Bought a previous bow from cabelas & the first time I had a problem with it I took it in & the guy looked at it & told me to call a real archery shop. Since then I try to cut the big box stores out of the loop & go straight to the shop.. If it had only been a few dollars different in cost I would have this time as well, but for more then 100 in savings Big Box it is.

I will compare the sight to the trophy ridge site I have at home (came off my Bear Mauler) and use whichever seems better. Also for the rest I don't like that hostage style at all. I have a new Whiskar Biscuit at home that I was already planning to swap onto it before having it tuned.

Huntinsker
December 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
The price was undercut regardless of what they gave me for opening the credit card with them... That only saved 25 of the 125 dollar price difference..

I Bought a previous bow from cabelas & the first time I had a problem with it I took it in & the guy looked at it & told me to call a real archery shop. Since then I try to cut the big box stores out of the loop & go straight to the shop.. If it had only been a few dollars different in cost I would have this time as well, but for more then 100 in savings Big Box it is.

I will compare the sight to the trophy ridge site I have at home (came off my Bear Mauler) and use whichever seems better. Also for the rest I don't like that hostage style at all. I have a new Whiskar Biscuit at home that I was already planning to swap onto it before having it tuned.

Giving a gift card is not taking any money off the bow. That's not a price gouge. $350 is what an infinite edge runs just about everywhere. You never did say which Cabela's. I want to know so I know never to go there if they are as bad as you say.

bastage
December 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Giving a gift card is not taking any money off the bow. That's not a price gouge. $350 is what an infinite edge runs just about everywhere. You never did say which Cabela's. I want to know so I know never to go there if they are as bad as you say.

I Shop at Cabelas on a weekly basis... So 100 back is as good as cash for me as well as a ton of other people I know.

And I never said the local show was gauging anyone. I said Cabalas undercut them. I am well aware of what the infinite edge should cost & was not considering it because of the cost. I was going to buy either a PSE Mini Burner or a Diamond Atomic for my daughter until I saw the cash back yesterday.

It was the Cabalas in Boise ID. That Incident was about 4-5 years ago with a Parker Bow that the strings popped off of (I had just bought my first drop away rest & my wife was watching to confirm which string went up & without me seeing my daughter who was at the time 3 or 4 walked up on my left & had put her hand in between the string & the cam when I let off. That resulted in the strings rolling over the edge of the bottom cam, an ER Visit to include Xrays. Daughter ended up being completely fine other then some light cuts to her knuckles & the limbs & strings were confirmed fine by the archery shop I took it to after being turned away by cabelas).

Huntinsker
December 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
I Shop at Cabelas on a weekly basis... So 100 back is as good as cash for me as well as a ton of other people I know.

And I never said the local show was gauging anyone. I said Cabalas undercut them. I am well aware of what the infinite edge should cost & was not considering it because of the cost. I was going to buy either a PSE Mini Burner or a Diamond Atomic for my daughter until I saw the cash back yesterday.

It was the Cabalas in Boise ID. That Incident was about 4-5 years ago with a Parker Bow that the strings popped off of (I had just bought my first drop away rest & my wife was watching to confirm which string went up & without me seeing my daughter who was at the time 3 or 4 walked up on my left & had put her hand in between the string & the cam when I let off. That resulted in the strings rolling over the edge of the bottom cam, an ER Visit to include Xrays. Daughter ended up being completely fine other then some light cuts to her knuckles & the limbs & strings were confirmed fine by the archery shop I took it to after being turned away by cabelas).

I'm not trying to argue but you said Cabela's undercut them on price but the price of the bow was $350. That's what they cost. Cabela's just made a good business decision and got you back in the store with the gift card. Anyone can give a rebate or gift card with the purchase of a product and you were obviously shopping smart and took advantage of that. Sorry to hear about your daughter and I'm glad she wasn't injured in the accident.

TwoInch
December 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
i much prefer the hostage rest over a whisker biscuit. the hostage is not super adjustable, but it does work well when used right.

with a minimal amount of trimming of the three "brushes" you can get zero fletching contact, and a superb tune out of them.

i have set up two infinite edges in the last few weeks, full set up, time, sync, and tune, twice each because of the stretch. struggled with the rests with major fletching contact. trimmed them with some very sharp small scissors, and both tuned great and shoot perfect all the way around. arrow flight is perfect.

both are dead quiet too. amazing shooting little bows.