PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Bear Hunt

Dartonman
October 14th, 2002, 12:56 PM
I am planning a spring bear hunt for my son and I and am wondering if any of you have any referrals or good experiences with camps I might contact.

*wk*
October 14th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Most of my Canadian bear hunting is in Ontario, which doesnt allow spring hunts. If interested in a fall hunt, try Northwoods Bay Resort, located just south of Red Lake. We were there in August 2001. Had a great hunt. Ron and Don treated us all real well, and the entire hunt and fish package was very reasonable pricewise. We had 6 of 7 guys fill tags, all boars. I dont have much info on spring hunts, sorry. Here is a picture of my 2001 bear. He was 350 pounds, made P&Y at 18.75. Let me know if you want more info.

russ
October 14th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Alberta & Saskatchewan definitely still have spring bear hunting and I'm pretty sure that BC & Manitoba do to. Sask is supposed to have a lot of colour phase bears and from what I understand North-Eastern Alberta is another good area for colour phase bears.

paloosa41
October 14th, 2002, 07:04 PM
i have'nt been yet but i've been talking to patric at bchunters.com and they seem to have a good thing going up there you can see what they have on www.bchunters.com

FLO
October 14th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Hey Guys

New to this site, Anyhow, My wife and I have been to N.B. Canada
the past 2 springs. Both yrs were successful. This spring my wife shot a 500lb bear with her bow.
Mine was about 275. She smoked me!

Lawrence Dyer and Sons Outfitters
New Brunswick, Canada

Great trip! You will not be dissapointed.

P.S. Chuck Adams was supposed to be their the same week
but was tied up on a bison hunt.

P.S.S. E-Mail me if you would like further info FLOHUNTER49@HOTMAIL.COM

Missbyalongshot
October 15th, 2002, 12:03 PM
wk :Thats a really really nice looking black bear.nice colar and nice looking nose. could you send me a private message and give me some details cost, travel time ect. thanks

jonnybow
October 16th, 2002, 12:51 PM
I have been to Kelly's Sporting Lodge in New Brunswick. The guys take great care of you and make sure the hunt is worthwhile. The fishing during the morning was well worth the trip by itself! This pic is my bear from May of 2000.
Good luck.
Jon