PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Screw Question

tmascovi
December 19th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I found a great deal for an '05 Diamond Victory on craigslist so I bought it. It was not very well taken care, but the limbs were pristine. It seems to be missing 2 of the 4 screws that hold the limb in the pocket by screwing into the side of the riser. I thought, "no problem, I can find another screw easy". I started out ordering replacement screws from the manufacturer through a dealer. That was over a month ago and I am still waiting for stupid screws with no word of when they might show up. That is what you get from Bowtech/Diamond "customer service". The two that are left are 1/4-28 x .5, pan head, hex drive, black oxide coating. I ordered the same screw online from McMaster Carr and those came in two days. They won't fit in the remaining two holes, and the two screws that are left won't fit the holes in the other side of the bow. It is like they put in threaded inserts with two different sizes on either side of the riser.

Am I missing something here? This doesn't seem to make any sense. I would take it to a dealer to look at it, but the nearest one is over 3 hours away. I would like to get the limbs bolted on right so I can tune it up and finally shoot this thing more. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

kerrye
December 19th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Couldn't possibly be something goofy like left hand threads on one side of the bow. (Like the Chrysler products of sixty years ago. One side had left hand thread lug nuts.)