PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge Setup-A,B, C cam positions question

Rick_TX
December 22nd, 2013, 12:54 AM
I've been shooting my infinite edge for a few months now and my bow was originally setup by the archery shop at 50lb draw weight, 28 inch draw length. I'm looking to try out a higher draw weight and I was looking through the manual and had a couple of questions I wanted to see if anyone could answer:

My bow was original setup with a 50lb draw weight and a 28 inch draw length and is currently set on the 'C' cam position. It's also ready 1.5 for the draw length.

After reading the manual it said that anything over a 16 inch draw length should use the 'A' position and under the chart showing the different configurations it reads for optimum performance to use the 'A' position.

Was my bow setup wrong by the shop if they used the 'C' position and would there be any benefit in changing to the 'A' position from 'C' or should I leave it alone and just adjust the limb bolts to raise the draw weight a few pounds? I believe my cam setting of 1.5 is should go up to 60 lbs in the 'C' position. Thanks.

kerrye
December 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'd say yeah. They set it up wrong. Grab the allen wrenches and do some redo. Just follow the manual and you should be able to get it right.

gettinold
December 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
They come from factory on A why did shop change it? I'd take it back and tell them to fix it..

kerrye
December 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
They come from factory on A why did shop change it? I'd take it back and tell them to fix it..

Nah. They mess you up once, they had their chance. This is a good place to start making yourself independent of the shops and you have the perfect bow to do it with.:thumbs_up

Rick_TX
December 27th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I was in the shop the other day picking up some more arrows and I asked the guy why he'd setup the bow using the 'C' position. He said that I wouldn't lose that much 'performance' and he had setup the bow that way because I was relatively new to archery and that setting was more forgiving and there wasn't a lot of difference between the different settings. He said bring it back in and he'd adjust it, so all is good.