PDA

View Full Version : How does the drop away rest work with the Infinite Edge?

stzd8
December 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I got a quick question, will the drop away rest work 'ok' on the Infinite Edge? The reason I ask, is because I intent the bow to be used by the young shooters. like with a low weight around 20-25 to get used to it. But ocasionally some older folks may want to try too and will have to adjust the lenght and weight on it. Will the lower draw weight be enough to drop the rest when the shot is made?

Apologize, that's two questions.

thanks in advance.

laserbeam1001
December 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I use the trophy ridge revolution on my infinite edge which I use at 28.5 DL @ #70. I have adjusted it for my wife to 23DL @ #30 with out issue. Since the Trophy ridge revolution set string is tied to the preload down cable and some tension is left on it (witch there should always be some) it should work at any draw length or pound-age. The only issue might be if the vanes on the arrows are long you may have clearance issues if you let down the bow string without firing the arrow and the Trophy ridge revolution remains set. As in driving the vans into the rest.

bonecollector66
December 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
had good luck with the nap apache on low poundage bows .
shouldnt be a problem

kerrye
December 28th, 2013, 08:16 PM
I haven't gone below 50# but my NAP Apache and Infinite Edge have done a great job.

frogracer
January 4th, 2014, 12:09 AM
No problems with my sons drop away on the IE at about 25 lbs. works like a charm.

jmabs509
January 18th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Well considering you moving the draw weight and length, it might throw off the timing but if you tied a d loop instead of serving it in the cable. Just a mater of adjusting