PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Regulator or Outlaw ?

deadduck357
December 29th, 2013, 02:52 AM
First, hello, I'm new here and have been out of the archery game for about 24 years, needless to say a lot has changed. Wanting to get back into it and looking for a decent bow to go shooting with my daughter and her new Christmas Infinite Edge. I'm not looking for the fastest or best bow made, just one to shoot alongside her. I have been looking at the Cabela's Regulator made by Diamond. My local Cabela's Outpost has them for $499. It comes as a package with quiver, arrow rest, stabilizer, etc. The guys there mentioned it has the same limbs, cams and some other things as the Outlaw. They said there was some differences in the risers. Comparing the two on Diamond's web-site shows a minimal weight difference between them and the Outlaw is 5 FPS faster. The Outlaw sells for $549 which is only a $50 difference. I have read some threads here about the Outlaw but nothing about the Regulator. Does anyone here have any experience with Cabela's Regulator? Anyone with experience with both? Which would y'all recommend? Or should I just get the Core for $399?

kerrye
December 29th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Do you draw over 30" or 70#? If not, why not another IE? I've been shooting over fifty years and got an IE a year ago. Having the most fun shooting I've ever had. There's another post on here about a guy who bought two for his sons and after a little experience with them, went back and got one for himself.

deadduck357
December 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Do you draw over 30" or 70#? If not, why not another IE? I've been shooting over fifty years and got an IE a year ago. Having the most fun shooting I've ever had. There's another post on here about a guy who bought two for his sons and after a little experience with them, went back and got one for himself.

It seems to be a good bow because my daugher is tearing up the 10 ring. I just didn't like the amount of overdraw it had. The Regulator had a solid wall right after let-off.

deadduck357
January 5th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Well I went ahead and purchased the Regulator and a Scott Samurai release and after one trip to the range I couldn't be happier. It took a little getting use to these new releases, back in my day was the three finger glove. The stock sight will probably be replaced sometime down the road but even with it I was continuously busting five shot groups in the 10 ring and bulls eye at 20 yards. Feels good to see groups like that when I haven't pulled the string on a bow in over 24 years. Very please.