PDA

View Full Version : Diamond infinte edge reviews?

wackandstack32
December 30th, 2013, 02:56 AM
How do y'all like y'all's diamond infinite edge??

kerrye
December 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Been shooting mine a year and like it more all the time.:thumbs_up

Scout27
December 30th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I just got one for my wife. It's very accurate, awesome adjustability light etc. the only con I would say is the backwall. It's very squishy.

wackandstack32
December 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM
It's great very adjustable!

Fury90flier
December 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
What you'll find is all positive reviews...there might be a poor review but I've yet to hear one. The range/shop that I help out at doesn't sell these bows but a number of them have come into the shop to shoot- never had one in for repair. Every person that has come into the shop with one loved it...can't beat the price vs adjustability vs quality.

If you need a backup bow, first bow for a still growing person or a starter bow, you'll have a hard time finding something better for the same price.

gettinold
December 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I just got one for my wife. It's very accurate, awesome adjustability light etc. the only con I would say is the backwall. It's very squishy.

Love it. I've had way more exspensive Hoyts and Bear thru the years but really enjoy my Infinite edge

Rick_TX
December 31st, 2013, 12:09 PM
For the price I don't think you'll find a better bow on the market right now. It's highly adjustable (5-70 lbs) and easy to shoot. It can also be very accurate even with the stock rest. I replaced the stock sight on mine because I wanted a sight with both elevation and windage adjustments but overall the bow is great. The only real complaint, is the stock grip is a little blocky. But that keeps you from over gripping the bow since there's not a lot to grip. I have mine set up on 60lb draw weight and 28 lb draw length and it handles really well. I would feel comfortable taking this bow hunting with no problems.

Scout27
December 31st, 2013, 02:15 PM
For the price I don't think you'll find a better bow on the market right now. It's highly adjustable (5-70 lbs) and easy to shoot. It can also be very accurate even with the stock rest. I replaced the stock sight on mine because I wanted a sight with both elevation and windage adjustments but overall the bow is great. The only real complaint, is the stock grip is a little blocky. But that keeps you from over gripping the bow since there's not a lot to grip. I have mine set up on 60lb draw weight and 28 lb draw length and it handles really well. I would feel comfortable taking this bow hunting with no problems.

I'm replacing the sight on my wife's as well, but it is both elevation and windage adjustable. I have her set up shooting 40 pounds she loves her bow.

walrus
December 31st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Bought one for daughter based on all the positive reviews. She loves it. For the price and versatility it offers it can't be beat. Really like the adjustability.

kerrye
December 31st, 2013, 07:16 PM

I'd say you have need for a little adjustment or timing to the draw stops. Squishy is NOT something I'd use to describe the IE's back wall.

Scout27
January 1st, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'd say you have need for a little adjustment or timing to the draw stops. Squishy is NOT something I'd use to describe the IE's back wall.

Really? I'd never shot one before now I'll have to check that out.

skystalker
January 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM
Absolutely the best entry level bow Diamond/BOWTECH has ever manufactured.

bauce302
January 2nd, 2014, 09:19 AM
Got an infinite edge for my wife for Christmas. She loves it. She has already changed out the site and is researching a better rest. She had never shot any kind of bow before this and she is a nail driver now. Puts a smile on my face.

chaded
January 2nd, 2014, 09:30 AM

It might depend on what setting it is at because I had my wife's timed/tuned up using a drawboard and the back wall was the most spongy I have ever felt.

Scout27
January 4th, 2014, 03:19 PM
It might depend on what setting it is at because I had my wife's timed/tuned up using a drawboard and the back wall was the most spongy I have ever felt.

Interesting. I have heard a few people say this about the backwall. What DL is your wife? Mine is at 26".

jj48rcng
January 4th, 2014, 04:19 PM
First time shooter, and loving mine.

npauls
January 4th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I really like shooting my infinite edge. The back wall is softer then most bows but I am thinking about taking the draw mods off and replacing them with bomar stops that you can get for pse bows. I think this type of stop will make that back wall quite a bit more solid. Either way it is a nice shooting and very accurate bow.

bastage
January 4th, 2014, 06:56 PM
stock site & rest suck, but otherwise a GREAT value.. Especially for someone who is still growing as my daughter is..

Scout27
January 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM
stock site & rest suck, but otherwise a GREAT value.. Especially for someone who is still growing as my daughter is..

Yeah man totally. I'll be getting one for my daughter after shooting my wife's. I was very impressed with how accurate it shot even though the draw length was like 4 inches too short for me haha.

Scout27
January 8th, 2014, 03:41 PM

I took her in to my local shop and had the timing adjusted. Much better thank you for the suggestion.

chaded
January 8th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Interesting. I have heard a few people say this about the backwall. What DL is your wife? Mine is at 26".

My wife is 24-24.5.

Huntinsker
January 8th, 2014, 03:50 PM

It really depends on what DL and draw weight the bow is set at. The draw stops are part of the module so they are very close to the axles. This alone causes some play in the wall. Then drop the weight below 40 and the wall is anything but solid. IMO to improve the bow, a moveable draw stop independent of the module where it is farther away from the axle would improve the wall.

That said, put the bow at 55 and above draw weight and the wall isn't bad.

Scout27
January 9th, 2014, 12:07 AM
It really depends on what DL and draw weight the bow is set at. The draw stops are part of the module so they are very close to the axles. This alone causes some play in the wall. Then drop the weight below 40 and the wall is anything but solid. IMO to improve the bow, a moveable draw stop independent of the module where it is farther away from the axle would improve the wall.

That said, put the bow at 55 and above draw weight and the wall isn't bad.

Sounds good, she's at 40# and drawing that with ease she should have no problem. She wants to up the weight. Oh and sorry for completely derailing your thread OP.

jmabs509
January 18th, 2014, 05:51 AM
IMO any bow above 300 fps is not a youth or girls bow. Its very well suited for a beginner archer and very versitle. Rest is junk as well as the sight so if you have the option just get the bow bear. I put on a apache drop away and a tru glo 3 pin with a light and a limbsaver s coil stab. Haven't really shot another bow so I can't tell you how it comparers but the wall is a bit soft at 70# 27.5 DL. Overall I'm happy and have no complaints over then one of the e clips rattle

VORTEC429
February 16th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Smooth Bow not much of a valley and a extremely sloppy backwall. Other than that for the price its hard to beat.

Namlehse
February 17th, 2014, 10:25 AM
We bought my wife one a few days ago. I'll say that it's perfect for her, with a few short comings. She complains that the grip hurts her hand, so we've added a decent amount of padding. She preferred the Hoyt Ignite in most respects, though the extra weight of the Hoyt made it uncomfortable after just a few shots. The diamond is half a pound lighter (Scaled it to see).

The complaints I have as the person that deals with adjusting it.. The rest isn't great and the sight is just bad. Being a lefty, the screws are in line with the rest, so you can't get a tool in to adjust them. I had to use an actual Allen wrench. The sight is a cheap piece of plastic that moves out of alignment at the slightest nudge. This nudging comes also when tightening as well. I ordered a $17 replacement off Amazon to solve these issues.

The bow itself is accurate, my wife less so. The wall is lackluster, though the Hoyt and Mission are just as bad if not worse. The only bow she didn't get to try is the PSE Fever/Fever One. As most people say, the most important thing is to try everything you can. We spent around three hours at an archery shop over the weekend trying everything she could get her hands on.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/12551787273_718903d198_c.jpg

https://s2.yimg.com/sk/3741/12551646155_220028f598_c.jpg

Frase
February 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM
I'd been experiencing some issues with my IE - one of the cam modules not holding at the 29" draw setting, been back to the bow shop 4 times with it to try to get it sorted and then today there was a clicking noise and the bow was suddenly shooting very low. Took it in and they looked it over, the top limb had split vertically from the allen bolt upward. Never been dry/misfired and I didn't gorilla-tighten the allen bolt. Bow was set at 29"/70#. I've been shooting it every day since I bought it in December, including -10c and colder weather. Maybe they don't like the cold.

It was my first compound but compared to the few bows I tried in the store today, my IE had a very mushy back wall.

Regards,

Fraser.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I think The infinite edge is a great bow despite the fact that it is considered to be a youth bow. I got mine because i was making the switch from trad. to compound and i didn't know what my DL would be or what poundage i could handle. The only thing i dont like about mine is that the string stop tends to come loose every couple shots and you have to tighten it again and i have to agree with Vortec, the draw is decently smooth but the backwall isn't particulary solid and the bow peaks and valleys a lot.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Also, i might be looking to sell mine sometime in the near future if anyones interested. (It has a lot of upgrades) The only thing stock on it is the peep sight.

Sara-s
March 2nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
I have had mine for 10 months & I love it. I am 54, my DL is 27". I have gradually been able to increase the DW from 25-30 lb, thus far. I can not ever imagine shooting more than the maximum DW of this bow, so this one is a keeper. Like most folks here, I have replaced the sight & rest.

BTcarbonknight
March 3rd, 2014, 12:59 PM
These Remind me of the PSE NOVA bow that was such a hot sellar for PSE. My son got one of these when he was 13 and is now 23 and is still using it. Its maxed out on Draw Weight but the LOP is still just right for him. He wants to finally upgrade bows this year to keep up with me but we were out shooting his the other day and he was shooting just fine with it. He has killed a deer almost every season with it and has only lost one deer due to poor shot. He shoots 100 Grain Muzzys and does quite well with them.

I bet this would make him a nice upgrade.

TwoInch
March 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
anyone that has one of these bows, and has it at over 40lbs and the backwall is mushy in anyway, needs to have the cams timed again. if they are off just 1/8" out of sync, the wall goes to crap.

they will need to be timed at least twice, and possibly three or four times as the stock string settle and stretch, and if you change the draw weight much.

with a set of decent strings, they are great shooters, stay in time very well, and have a great backwall.

you guys have to remember that a person that is shooting less than 40lbs does not pull into the wall like adult men pulling 60 or 70lbs. ANY bow with a cable stop will be considered "mushy" at less than 40 lbs, as the cable are not super tight. moving the stop further from the axle or putting a larger stop just wont help at such low draw weight. the further you get from the axle, the less force it takes to push the cable over causing a soft wall. you just cant compare the wall of a heavy draw bow, or a limb stop bow with a low poundage cable stop.

the bow peaks and valleys a lot.

that doesnt make any sense. these bows have a soft gradual peak, and a pretty short valley.

TwoInch
March 4th, 2014, 03:32 PM
We bought my wife one a few days ago. I'll say that it's perfect for her, with a few short comings. She complains that the grip hurts her hand, so we've added a decent amount of padding. She preferred the Hoyt Ignite in most respects, though the extra weight of the Hoyt made it uncomfortable after just a few shots. The diamond is half a pound lighter (Scaled it to see).

The complaints I have as the person that deals with adjusting it.. The rest isn't great and the sight is just bad. Being a lefty, the screws are in line with the rest, so you can't get a tool in to adjust them. I had to use an actual Allen wrench. The sight is a cheap piece of plastic that moves out of alignment at the slightest nudge. This nudging comes also when tightening as well. I ordered a $17 replacement off Amazon to solve these issues.

The bow itself is accurate, my wife less so. The wall is lackluster, though the Hoyt and Mission are just as bad if not worse. The only bow she didn't get to try is the PSE Fever/Fever One. As most people say, the most important thing is to try everything you can. We spent around three hours at an archery shop over the weekend trying everything she could get her hands on.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/12551787273_718903d198_c.jpg

https://s2.yimg.com/sk/3741/12551646155_220028f598_c.jpg

she needs instruction on how to grip the bow, and it wont hurt her hand.

she also needs the draw length shortened so she can hold the bow properly, and anchor on her face. its probably 2" too long. luckily, you can adjust it with just one allen wrench and no press.

the sight isnt great, but very functional. the screws are the same for left and right handed, so that isnt issue. it also should not be moving with the slightest nudge. something is loose if it moves, plain and simple. the rest does not interfere with sight adjustment in anyway.

you also need to adjust the release to fit her hand. its WAY too long. shorten it up until her index finger curls around the trigger at full draw, and her hand ends up below her ear, instead of behind her head.

you must also be careful on how far out you turn the limb bolts, just by the pictures, i can tell you that they are very close to being too far out, and possibly are too far out right now. you can only take the bow safely down to about 20lbs at her drawlength

if you need help getting the bow set to her, and the release length set properly, a pro shop can help, or you can PM me and i can guide you through it step by step. PM me if you have any questions. i would be glad to get her set up much closer than what she is at now. i guarantee she will enjoy shooting her bow much more, and i absolutely guarantee she will be MUCH more accurate, right off the bat. feel free to PM me

Frase
March 4th, 2014, 05:01 PM
anyone that has one of these bows, and has it at over 40lbs and the backwall is mushy in anyway, needs to have the cams timed again. if they are off just 1/8" out of sync, the wall goes to crap.

they will need to be timed at least twice, and possibly three or four times as the stock string settle and stretch, and if you change the draw weight much.

with a set of decent strings, they are great shooters, stay in time very well, and have a great backwall.

you guys have to remember that a person that is shooting less than 40lbs does not pull into the wall like adult men pulling 60 or 70lbs. ANY bow with a cable stop will be considered "mushy" at less than 40 lbs, as the cable are not super tight. moving the stop further from the axle or putting a larger stop just wont help at such low draw weight. the further you get from the axle, the less force it takes to push the cable over causing a soft wall. you just cant compare the wall of a heavy draw bow, or a limb stop bow with a low poundage cable stop.

Good info, thanks. As a beginner I had no idea and I guess the shop I was dealing with didn't really either.

Frase.

Akhunter911
March 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Awesome beginner bow, I got it to start out and couldn't have chosen a better one for the price. I did get a bad bow at first but Diamond worked with me and sent me a new one within the week. Awesome customer service and awesome bow.

Akhunter911
March 11th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Mine did the exact same thing. I talked to Diamond about it and they sent me a whole new bow. Disappointed only in the fact I had to pay the shipping and the obvious fact I was out of a bow for the week. I think you are right about it being the cold too, I live in Alaska sooo... yeah