PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Cure or Carbon Knight?

deadduck357
January 8th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Should my next bow be either the Carbon Cure or Carbon Knight? I know I want to try one of these. I was looking at getting the Knight but now that the Cure has been released I'm debating which one. Both share the same riser. The Knight is 10fps faster but I'm not looking for the fastest bow. So basically it is single cam versus dual cams. I have heard and read both pros and cons to each(single vs dual). Some say dual has a smoother draw and higher speeds. Some say single is easier to adjust and tune. Both require some cam timing but only the dual demands synchronizing. What are some other advantages and disadvantages to each? Which would you prefer and why?

killerloop
January 8th, 2014, 04:07 AM
lol carbon spyder

WHAT THE Hell is a CURE

SWOreBowHunter
January 8th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Carbon Spyder hands down

deadduck357
January 8th, 2014, 07:55 PM
lol carbon spyder

WHAT THE Hell is a CURE

New 2014 Carbon Cure from Diamond - http://diamondarchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_pr oducts&i=56

bastage
January 12th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Given that the 2 are essentially the same cost I would take the knight.. The Cure does come with a quiver & maybe a stabilizer that are worth a damn, but the sight & the rest would be immediate swaps for me. Now if the Carbon Cure is available as a bare bow without the extra's at a decent cost savings then I would have to seriously consider it.. With the RAK package however it looses the value aspect of it IMHO.

Glenn58
January 13th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Have to agree with bastage...I bought an Outlaw with the RAK and it was all replaced fairly quickly. Only use the quiver off the bow to hold arrows while hunting. Better to get a bare Knight and add "quality" accessories.

deadduck357
January 19th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I would really like to pull both of these side by side and see which would be better.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/admin/project/uploads/CarbonKnight_BT13_SM.png http://www.bowtecharchery.com/admin/project/uploads/Web_Cure.png

Ault
January 19th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Knight

BTcarbonknight
January 31st, 2014, 05:58 PM
I really like my Carbon Knight and I like being about to outfit it with the accecories that I wanted.
The RAK packages are good if you are really on a tight budjet and they really do shoot well enough for someone just wanting to hunt. Hence the name Ready Aim Kill. Someone with very little bit of time to get ready for the season could take a RAK package bow and spend a little time adjusting the sights and setting the drops and be off to the races killing venison pretty quick.

hylander
March 13th, 2014, 02:45 AM
We just got the Cure in last week.
I have not shot the knight, I have shot the Cure.
I am not really a Bowtech or Diamond fan, however I like the Cure a lot.
It draws and shoots smooth, no vibration and dead in the hand.
Very accurate for me. I would prefer the Cure over the Knight because I just don't like dual cams.

deadduck357
March 13th, 2014, 09:00 PM
We just got the Cure in last week.
I have not shot the knight, I have shot the Cure.
I am not really a Bowtech or Diamond fan, however I like the Cure a lot.
It draws and shoots smooth, no vibration and dead in the hand.
Very accurate for me. I would prefer the Cure over the Knight because I just don't like dual cams.

Oh great they're in circulation now. Post a pic if you can.

hylander
March 14th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Oh great they're in circulation now. Post a pic if you can.

I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow

darksidemxer
March 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Maybe i need to take a drive over to my dealer and play with one. I love my diamond easily as much as my bowtech lol i wonder why.

deadduck357
March 14th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I love my diamond easily as much as my bowtech lol i wonder why.

Same here. I like my Regulator as much as my Carbon Knight. They're both very good bows.

Wanna try the CC and see how I like it. May wind up with both.

BTcarbonknight
March 16th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I think someone trying both bows side by side it will come down to who likes the feel of single cam bows or who likes dual cam bows.

For those that can handle a more aggressive draw and wants a bit more speed the Carbon Knight is the way to go. Plus Unless They make the cure in a bare model your pretty much stuck with the RAK package. Not a bad set up mind you but certainly not a one size fits all sort of package. More like a one size fits most. Certainly a beginning to intermediate shooter could take a RAK package and do quite well with it. A more experienced shooter or someone that shoots on a daily basis would certainly want to take advantage of some components that could ring the bow out a bit better.

Ive had my Carbon Knight going on about 2.5 Months now and have shot it almost every day. Sorted out all the little things. Most of which were in my form just getting back into archery seriously. I was once a 3d tourney shooter turned shoot it the day before hunting season type of guy then put it up the day after archery season ends. Im BACK!

The Carbon Knight is starting to put arrows right where I put the pin. Bow is smooth as glass on the pull and release. Such a pleasure to shoot. Ive been shooting some other bows at the shop wondering if I made the right purchase???? Doubting myself at times thinking maybe I should have gotten something heavier.. Maybe I should have gotten something with more IBO speed. Maybe I should have gone with Hoyt or Matthews. But I have pretty much tested them all. And Yes there are some things about other bows I like better. But there are some things I LOVE about this bow.

My purchase standards were this. I wanted a bow that was LIGHT. That was Fast and was smooth on the draw and accurate.

That is exactly what I got.

Not sure I will be upgrading anytime soon.

VORTEC429
March 30th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Carbon Knight is my Choice ive shot both but it comes down to which you like more in your hand.

Newdiggings
May 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Neither, that riser is a tuning fork.

crtnyingrsll
May 6th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I shoot a Carbon Rose, which is very similar to the Carbon Knight. I had been wanting to test out a Carbon Cure and compare it side by side with my Carbon Rose and finally did last weekend. I did not like the Carbon Cure at all. I shot it three times and did not want to shoot it anymore. Honestly, I wanted to stop shooting it after the first test shot, but decided to give it a couple more tries. I definitely prefer the binary cam system over the single cam system. I would say choose the Carbon Knight, but it's all about personal preference.

deadduck357
May 6th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Neither, that riser is a tuning fork.

Not hardly, the Knight riser is so dead in hand after shot.

deadduck357
May 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I shoot a Carbon Rose, which is very similar to the Carbon Knight. I had been wanting to test out a Carbon Cure and compare it side by side with my Carbon Rose and finally did last weekend. I did not like the Carbon Cure at all. I shot it three times and did not want to shoot it anymore. Honestly, I wanted to stop shooting it after the first test shot, but decided to give it a couple more tries. I definitely prefer the binary cam system over the single cam system. I would say choose the Carbon Knight, but it's all about personal preference.

I couldn't wait to try the CC so I purchased the CK a couple months ago and it is a very good bow and happy with my decision. But I would still like to try the Carbon Cure to see how it feels and compares. I have noticed that I wear out quicker with the dual cams of the CK; about 20 arrows sooner than I normally fatigue with my single cam Regulator (both set at 55#).

Newdiggings
May 6th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Not hardly, the Knight riser is so dead in hand after shot.

Far from it. I've shot one, I know what shock free is and that they are not. However they are sweet looking.

deadduck357
May 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Far from it. I've shot one, I know what shock free is and that they are not. However they are sweet looking.

Well I own one, shot it today, no vibes. Maybe you had just a bad experience.

MountainCrawler
May 8th, 2014, 11:24 PM
I was dead set one getting the cure shot it and some others, didn't like it at all. I could have not been a fit for me, it is light though.

Huntinsker
May 8th, 2014, 11:35 PM
I've shot 1 CK and several Cures. We shot the Cure at 320fps at 30", 70lbs and a 350gr arrow. It had a loop on the string but no peep. I've shot the Cure repeatedly with 430gr arrows and it has a lot of hand shock. The CK that I shot also had quite a bit of hand shock. To me, the risers are too light to absorb the energy from the string. I put different stabilizers on it and while they helped a little, there was still hand shock. If you want light, they are great. If you want a solid bow with no vibration, you need a heavier bow.

AngelDeVille
June 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
I got to shoot the Cure at the local Sportsmans hoerhouse, and it is hot sex on wheels, but as previously stated the RAK accessories are nothing I would keep long term. So it think I'll be going with either the Carbon Knight or the Faktor 34 for my first new wheelie bow.

I don't see that the Cure comes in black.

I'm also shooting a dual cam now and I'd hate to tempt fate and switch to single....

But first my son gets his infinity edge....

deadduck357
June 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
I got to shoot the Cure at the local Sportsmans hoerhouse, and it is hot sex on wheels, but as previously stated the RAK accessories are nothing I would keep long term. So it think I'll be going with either the Carbon Knight or the Faktor 34 for my first new wheelie bow.

I don't see that the Cure comes in black.

I'm also shooting a dual cam now and I'd hate to tempt fate and switch to single....

But first my son gets his infinity edge....

I like single cams is a reason why I would like to give the CC a pull or two.

If your thinking about the IE you may also want him to pull the new Fuel before you purchase. The Fuel has a considerably more firm backwall compared to the IE.

AngelDeVille
June 23rd, 2014, 08:46 PM
I like single cams is a reason why I would like to give the CC a pull or two.

If your thinking about the IE you may also want him to pull the new Fuel before you purchase. The Fuel has a considerably more firm backwall compared to the IE.

I'm sure if either fell into my lap for the right price, I'd get it, but I think I'd like a blacked out bow over another camo.

Same thing with the fuel, for my son, but I see way more infinite edges available than fuels.

deadduck357
June 24th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Same thing with the fuel, for my son, but I see way more infinite edges available than fuels.

The IE has been out for a couple years, the Fuel was just released last month. Fuel is available in both black and camo.

snosleder080
August 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I don't have much on the cure, but i understand its the same as the carbon knight but single cam just as the carbon overdrive is the day as the carbon knight but with the experience cams. All the same exact riser.

I purchased a CK (308fps @ 65#, 28"DL) this past winter after several months of shopping/research. I previously shot a Mathews and was actually shopping for a used z7, switchback xt, or carbon element. I got my ck for 550 with free setup, lifetime warranty, couple hours free range time, and a complimentary bow tune. Keep in mind the ck retailed for 850 when it came out then price dropped the next year when replaced by the carbon overdrive. I shot all of the above bows and about 10 other models. All the bows above were very close in shooting manners and some did better than the ck but not by much. The main thing that stuck out to me was how much I liked the lightness of the bow. Aiming and holding the ck seemed effortless on the ck and ce due to their lightness. However those boys listed above were on average more money used than this bow was new with a warranty! I shoot league with a guy that has a carbon spyder... Awesome bow but you definitely don't see shooting characteristics that make it worth 800 dollars more than my ck.

As for the hand shock, I personally didn't notice hardly any. The same feeling comes with the ce I think because you expect them to have jump due to their light weight. I did add bow Jax to the slide and riser just because this bow has nothing for dampening out of the box. Most of these bows now have built in riser dampening from factory. Note the bow shoots very dead in hand (I shoot open hand) and just as quiet as the new high end stuff.

Bottom line is you can't beat this bow for the money. The rak package is junk. Save you money and put good stuff on the bow and it will perform along side Mathews and Hoyt bows without noticing the difference. Mine does. It is funny to hear the experts that haven't picked these bows up and shot them but seem to know what is best for everyone else. I suppose those are the same guys that bring a smile to my face when I kick their ass in a shoot with my bow that cost half as much as theirs. Bottom line the ck is a bow that can compete with bows twice it's price.

AngelDeVille
August 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Locally the cure is $650 with KRAK package, no option for bare bow....

The CK is $575 bare bow, the decision is easy.

Now I'm deciding between the CK and the Carbon Overdrive, but I'm leaning very heavily toward the CK.

Phil Rathmell
August 19th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I have shot both of these bows and I don't think you can go wrong with either especially with the prices being so close. The Cure has a more smooth draw but i thought it had more vibration than the knight. The Knight is also faster but both are great bows IMO.

Archametes
September 5th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Recently purchased a Carbon Knight after having a Stinger 3G single cam bow. I originally went in to get strings on the Stinger, while browsing and waiting my turn, I saw the Knight... Looked it over and handled it, initial thought was "wow, this is nice! But how much?" Asked a few questions in comparison to the Charger at the same price, test shot both numerous times back and forth. Got the bow, with all accessories transfered from the PSE, set up, tuning, and a free tuning after 300 shots. Walked out and put the PSE (now bare) in the truck. Strings can wait...
After having it a few weeks, I saw the Cure available. Didn't like the single cam variation, but immediately called my brother to tell him. I would shoot either if handed to me, but I preferred the dual cam set up.