PDA

View Full Version : New (to me ) outlaw

Scout27
January 9th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I just picked one of these up. I just bought my wife an IE and it is awesome. So I saw an outlaw on the used rack at my local shop and shot it. I ended up doing a trade for it with an octane quiver for my brute x. I love the way it feels all around. Sweet shooter too I'm stoked !

Huntinsker
January 9th, 2014, 08:47 PM
One caution with the Outlaw is to not let down without really keeping control of it and do NOT torque the grip. Those bows are prone to rolling the string right out of the idler wheel due to the shallow groove. Not a bad bow besides that though. Quiet, fast and not much vibration.

Scout27
January 9th, 2014, 08:56 PM
One caution with the Outlaw is to not let down without really keeping control of it and do NOT torque the grip. Those bows are prone to rolling the string right out of the idler wheel due to the shallow groove. Not a bad bow besides that though. Quiet, fast and not much vibration.

I've heard you can get an upgraded idler wheel with a deeper groove. Any truth to that?

Huntinsker
January 9th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I've heard you can get an upgraded idler wheel with a deeper groove. Any truth to that?

Yeah you can buy anything you want through your dealer but you'll pay for it. They finally admitted that they had a problem after 2.5 years of producing this bow with hundreds of cases of derailed strings and made a deeper idler wheel.

Scout27
January 9th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah you can buy anything you want through your dealer but you'll pay for it. They finally admitted that they had a problem after 2.5 years of producing this bow with hundreds of cases of derailed strings and made a deeper idler wheel.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I just shot it for 2 hours under a street light in the field next door by the woods. I'm really liking this bow.1848915

Drewboy22
January 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I picked up an Outlaw about a week ago. So far it is a great shooter and dead quite. I almost had a robin hood last night with it, it just hit the nock.. :) I have not been shooting long but I have been very happy with Diamond bows.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/drewboy22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo2_zpsb984fa26.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/drewboy22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo1_zps73f170bf.jpg

Scout27
February 9th, 2014, 10:34 PM
A little post season practice. Haven't been able to get much further than my backyard to shoot but it's still fun.

Blake R
February 9th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Been shooting an outlaw for a year and a half. Love it. Mine is on IRL due to a cam module not being properly installed. Should be up and running within the week. Congrats on the new bow!

Glenn58
February 10th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I've had mine since the spring and very happy with it!!! Shot a nice doe this season with it and now using it in an indoor league.
Great bow for the $$$! Fast...Quiet...and Accurate.

You'll be happy with it.

deadduck357
February 10th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I picked up an Outlaw about a week ago. So far it is a great shooter and dead quite. I almost had a robin hood last night with it, it just hit the nock.. :) I have not been shooting long but I have been very happy with Diamond bows.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/drewboy22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo1_zps73f170bf.jpg

Nice pair of bows.

deadduck357
February 10th, 2014, 05:28 PM
A little post season practice. Haven't been able to get much further than my backyard to shoot but it's still fun.

Good shootin. Congrats on the Outlaw. I have a Regulator and love it.

Oh also how do you like that NAP Apache stab?

Scout27
February 10th, 2014, 08:09 PM

Thanks. I like the stab it's got decent weight and was like $33. A win win haha.

Glenn58
February 11th, 2014, 08:47 AM

If you're in the market for a new stabilizer take a look at the Bee-Stinger Hunter Xtreme...http://www.beestinger.com/product-category-page.php?pc=Sport+Hunter+Xtrem e

I have the 8" and really like it. It also doubles as my back bar for indoor spot.

Scout27
February 11th, 2014, 02:08 PM
If you're in the market for a new stabilizer take a look at the Bee-Stinger Hunter Xtreme...http://www.beestinger.com/product-category-page.php?pc=Sport+Hunter+Xtrem e

I have the 8" and really like it. It also doubles as my back bar for indoor spot.

I had one on a different bow I used to have. I liked it for sure. Im just really pinching pennies lately and the NAP does the same thing.

Donjr721
March 8th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Had my outlaw for four years. Shot it in nationals last year, going again this year. Killed multiple deer and squirrel with this bow. I love it.

toomag
March 20th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Yes it is a great bow! The first one I ordered after the 3rd shot the string derailed and essentially caused irreversible damage to the bow..............really bad floor on the solocam design. When I sent it back and baspro replaced it, I have not had a single issue with, even after 100's of shots, so so far so good. I hope this continues. Great bow second time around.