PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge considered a Hard Cam or Medium Cam?

Rick_TX
January 12th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I was considering picking up some Easton arrows for hunting and was curious if anyone knew for sure if the Infinite Edge was considered a hard cam or a medium cam? I saw one thread through a search that had any bow with a top IBO speed over 290 was considered a hard cam. But since the Infinite Edge was designed as a youth/beginners bow I wanted to ask. Thanks.

mpchopper
January 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
On Target 2 Software considers it a hard cam.

kerrye
January 16th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I was considering picking up some Easton arrows for hunting and was curious if anyone knew for sure if the Infinite Edge was considered a hard cam or a medium cam? I saw one thread through a search that had any bow with a top IBO speed over 290 was considered a hard cam. But since the Infinite Edge was designed as a youth/beginners bow I wanted to ask. Thanks.

Any bow topping 300 fps with a draw length up to 30" is NOT, REPEAT, NOT, a "youth/beginners" bow. If it is, I wasted more than fifty years of shooting before having a "youth/beginners" bow.

Drewboy22
January 16th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Any bow topping 300 fps with a draw length up to 30" is NOT, REPEAT, NOT, a "youth/beginners" bow. If it is, I wasted more than fifty years of shooting before having a "youth/beginners" bow.

As much as I agree with you about it not being a "youth" bow. My owners manual says "Youth Bow Owners Manual"

kerrye
January 17th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Mine does too, but then, I have seen a lot of really stupid stuff in print in the last five years.

Drewboy22
January 18th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Mine does too, but then, I have seen a lot of really stupid stuff in print in the last five years.

Lol. Great comeback. Ha ha

DarkFedaykin
February 5th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Congrats to any true youth if they can pull 70 lbs. I know grown men that can't. Lol

Norwegian Woods
February 15th, 2014, 05:26 PM
It is more correct to call it a bow for any age and sex.
A unisex and uniage bow.
And I would choose arrows considering the bow to have hard cams.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Based on the fact that it is IBOed at 310 fps, then yes it is considered a hard cam. I shoot 330 grain Easton Bloodlines with 85 grain field tips out of mine at 67 pounds. They fly great.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Based on the fact that it is IBOed at 310 fps, then yes it is considered a hard cam. I shoot 330 grain Easton Bloodlines with 85 grain field tips out of mine at 67 pounds. They fly great.
And they're at full 31.5 inches

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Congrats to any true youth if they can pull 70 lbs. I know grown men that can't. Lol
Im 15 and im yet to find a non-archer who can pull mine at 67# lol

DarkFedaykin
February 27th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Im 15 and im yet to find a non-archer who can pull mine at 67# lol

Exactly!!

Superbee1
March 2nd, 2014, 07:06 AM
It is a grow with you bow. That makes it a youth beginner bow. You can set it up for a youth or beginner to shoot and adjust it as they grow and get stronger.

Sara-s
March 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
It is more correct to call it a bow for any age and sex.
A unisex and uniage bow.
And I would choose arrows considering the bow to have hard cams.

I agree. You describe it quite well. This is why my husband & I each bought one. BTW, I am pretty new to the sport. Can some one explain the terms "hard cam" & "soft cam" (or tell me if there is a thread for terminology)? Thanks.

TwoInch
March 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I agree. You describe it quite well. This is why my husband & I each bought one. BTW, I am pretty new to the sport. Can some one explain the terms "hard cam" & "soft cam" (or tell me if there is a thread for terminology)? Thanks.

hard cam and soft cam are terms used when using an arrow selection chart, to identify which spine you need for your particular arrow length and draw weight. the only bows that are considered soft cams are older eccentric wheel cammed bows. pretty much any compound bow made in the last fifteen years should be classified under the hard cam section of the chart.

with the bows being produced now, the charts need to be updated in reality, as the soft cam, hard cam system is outdated.