PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge Rest

dirtburn
January 27th, 2014, 08:17 PM
My 11 year old son is looking to upgrade the rest on his Infinite Edge. His current DW is 30 lbs and he wants a drop away but I am concerned about how they will work with the low poundage, which ones have anyone had good or bad results with. Thanks ahead of time, just don't want him to waste what little money he has.

kerrye
January 27th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I have a NAP apache on mine and it works real well. I don't believe the poundage will make any difference in the performance.

Glenn58
January 28th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I have to agree with kerrye. I also have an Apache micro, granted it's on an Outlaw but I believe that even at 30# the arrow is coming off the string slow enough that once the tension is taken off the rest cable, the rest will have dropped before the fletchings pass over it.

Go to this link...http://www.newarchery.com/page/contact/ and ask NAP the question. The folks at NAP are excellent!!! I inquired about purchasing a few felt pads for my rest arm to have as spares. I received an email back the same day saying they were going to ship 3 out free of charge. Can't beat their customer service.

Looks like it's been discussed here...http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2155751

Huntinsker
January 28th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I typically steer people away from rests like a QAD or Trophy Ridge Revolution on certain low weight and high adjustability bows. The main reason being that the wall on those bows has enough play in them to throw off the timing of the rest causing problems with fletching contact. The NAP Apache would be a good one for that bow. Really any rest that comes up when you draw and down when you let down or shoot. If it locks in place, that's when problems can arise with the play in the back wall of those bows.

npauls
January 28th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I am running a trophy ridge revolution on my i.e. right now but am planning on switching back to a whisker biscuit. I just seem to be more accurate and have less tuning problems with the whisker biscuits on any bow I shoot.

The revolution seems to work pretty good on my bow set up in the mid 60lbs draw weight range with a 28" draw length. I haven't had any problem with fletching contact or timing problems.

Huntinsker
January 28th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I am running a trophy ridge revolution on my i.e. right now but am planning on switching back to a whisker biscuit. I just seem to be more accurate and have less tuning problems with the whisker biscuits on any bow I shoot.

The revolution seems to work pretty good on my bow set up in the mid 60lbs draw weight range with a 28" draw length. I haven't had any problem with fletching contact or timing problems.

Yeah the problems really only happen when you get down lower in draw weight. The back wall gets pretty spongy under 40lbs no matter if the cams are perfectly timed or not.

dirtburn
January 28th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I never thought problems with the locking rests but it makes sense. I am trying to talk him into a wisker biskit but if he insists ill point him towards one that rises and falls with decent capture. He likes the looks of the Limb Driver, and you know at 11 looks go a long ways.

Scottmisfits
January 28th, 2014, 10:45 PM
http://youtu.be/VbefCoY71Os

Get him to watch this video. I've thought about the drop aways but I keep coming back to less mechanical issues. Out on a hunt and it freezes up? Now you're done for a while. WB, just ut another arrow in and shoot. Plus WB's are cheaper than a lot of Drops so maybe he can get something else for his bow with the extra money.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I think it"ll work fine. Once, i set mine to 25# and 20 inches for my 8 year old brother. My QAD worked just fine. Shot bullet holes, actually.

TwoInch
March 4th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I typically steer people away from rests like a QAD or Trophy Ridge Revolution on certain low weight and high adjustability bows. The main reason being that the wall on those bows has enough play in them to throw off the timing of the rest causing problems with fletching contact. The NAP Apache would be a good one for that bow. Really any rest that comes up when you draw and down when you let down or shoot. If it locks in place, that's when problems can arise with the play in the back wall of those bows.

i disagree, this is not sound advice.

both the QAD and the revolution work flawlessly on these bows even at low draw weight.

the way they both activate pretty much guarantee that they will work, if you look at the mechanics of how they are activated.

once the cable crests over the module, you still have an inch and a half of draw left to pull. this means that the cable does not come down anymore after it crests, but the crest is the very beginning of the valley... that means that both of those rests will drop the same, from the very front of the valley all the way to the back, pulling hard into the wall. thanks to the fact that the cam does not take up any more cable in the last inch and a half of draw. you would have to release from the draw weight PEAK in order to cause either of those rests to fail to drop. i have tested this with both rests, on two infinite edges...

the only way they can cause the timing to be affected would be if you set them up to come fully up more than 2" before full draw. if they are set properly, at 1" before full draw, they wont, and dont pull the cam out of time.

i have an infinite edge with a QAD on it, which was installed when the bow was set at 30lbs for my lady, and my lady now has another infinite edge with a micro revolution on it.. and i took over the one with the QAD. i can tell you from experience, that both rest work flawlessly on these bows. i recommend either interchangeably, depending on which style is preferred.