PDA

View Full Version : diamond core draw stop issue

darksidemxer
February 12th, 2014, 11:39 PM
My core like all the others has been chewing through my serving. I just took it and had it reserved before my comp. The bow did great during the re-sight in *40yrd robin hood 1st 2shots 3rd shot dead center* but i went out today and on my 6th shot it locked at full draw...scary stuff to me lol. So i packed up and raced to my bow shop an hour away. He said i pulled it past the draw stop. Now i know that this can happen when some1 is drawing too much weight but i pride myself on not doing that. I shoot a 70# bow often but all my bows are kept low. This one is set at 58# so i am 100% sure i can draw it kneeling,sitting, etc... is it just that this crummy little bolt is a horrible design? I ordered a bomar tonight because well lol if it is as great as people say why not. What would cause this bow to do that? Is it cam lean? What?
I love this bow and when i do my part, it is amazing, just want to address issues as them come up.
*40yrd sight in.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/darksidemxer/archery/2014020795141418_zpsb3b6c2a2.j pg

Drewboy22
February 13th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I have been told that installing a Bomars stop will void your warranty. My shop installed a new stop on my outlaw that had a piece of rubber around it to help cushion the serving I guess. It seems to have helped. My question is: how can you over draw if the stop is set correctly? Good luck!

darksidemxer
February 13th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I am not sure how it happened. I wrapped the stop with a couple layers of shrink tubing tonight. I guess i will deal with it 1 more hunting season and the wife said we will be upgrading. She is thinking of getting us both bowtech insanity's or destroyer 350s.

rutcrzy98
February 13th, 2014, 11:40 PM
hey,with out going through whole prosses ill give short version.i got the deadeye 2011 and after 100 or so shots(during, got first ever robin hood)noticed
serving damage at area of cable that draw mod and stop pin contacted.talked to dealer at time and there wasnt any fix from bowtech other than reserve/or
new cable.so i started "playing"with differant fixes and after trial and error hit on some that worked and shot many arrows through and could still be.so here
is what ive done:as time passed my dealer let me know that bt did redo the cam/draw mod so dealer put new cam and mod on.although my fix was working
great.now for the pin,dose your pin have a head?if not go to dealer and get one/order if need.put small id peep tube on it then do over lay of serving on
contact point on cable,put couple layers of reg.super glue,i just did over hand knots front to back of cable about .5 long were pin hit center.this will fix it.
i have several frinds that have outlaws early and late models i have done my fixes on and they are working great.3 weeks ago i did get the bomar and love it
how ever i did have to move draw mod to .5"shorter, dl maybe shortened 1/8" ,but gave me a better valley and fps stayed same bow shoots great. if you need better
discription feelfree to pm me.

darksidemxer
February 14th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks, thats actually a pretty damn good idea lol. I may do that if i dont like the bomar. I am hoping it will be here today. Do u need a press to move the draw mod? What post or how should i do it if i am a 27.5? I dont have the book for this bow.

rutcrzy98
February 14th, 2014, 09:42 AM
no you dont need press.just make sure to align mod and use blue loctite on screws(just a small dab)pin and mod
should be on same number.so if set at say #3.5(27.5dl) move mod to #4(27dl)you might try shooting before moving mod
if you are hitting wall and bouncing back then move mod.you can down load/copy manual from diamond web sight.be good
idea.

darksidemxer
February 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Well 50 targets today 0 issues. My bow doctor thinks it was a bit of a freak accident with a bad combo of things. She shot well today when i did my part. 2nd 3-d event and shot a 479 out of 600. I am pleased. I cant wait to get a stabilizer lol. Here is a pic from todays shoot....why?? because i like posting pics lol.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/darksidemxer/archery/20140215_104334_zps7e57e152.jp g
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/darksidemxer/archery/20140215_103759_zpsa989fab0.jp g

Razorbak
February 15th, 2014, 09:04 PM
wow last pic looks like my mother in law..LOL I have a 2013 outlaw with a new set of threads coming I might do that fix with extra serving on it I have a rubber shrink tube on my post now that seems to help... factory strings didn't last 200 shots before the servings in different area's started to separate and some strands broke in the main string....granted its not a 1K bow but I feel they should come with better factory strings than they have..they should get one of the good string makers on AT to make all their strings for their bows that way we know there gonna last more than 200 shots..LOL

Glenn58
February 16th, 2014, 07:56 AM
I have a 2013 Outlaw and after reading a few threads regarding serving wear due to the draw stop pin, I put ~ 1" of serving in that area. I have well over 5K shots on the factory string and no issues at all. I'm building a press and will be putting on a set of JBK strings this spring after league ends.

rutcrzy98
February 16th, 2014, 01:29 PM
WOW!you guys have some COOL targets

darksidemxer
February 16th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Lol that was at the rinehart 100. If u can make one it was well worth the money. Great giveaways too. Guy left with his choice of bow from elite today.

darksidemxer
February 19th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Installed my bomar stop. What a great company!! From cali to fl in 2days. Well made product it has already made a difference in the string cutting issue and WOW this thing is solid. The wall is as solid as my cpxl. Didnt change my DL but maybe 1/4inch short. Nothing i cant live with. Changing the DL mod longer was too long so eh i will just leave it. Well worth the $16.

dwagoner
February 20th, 2014, 04:45 AM
BOMAR is the way to go vs that stock tiny tiny peg....

rutcrzy98
February 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM
yep real happy with the bomar,the only thing that i did(after 2 weekends of javelina hunting)and worrying
about hitting stop were it sticks out past cam and mking it move,i shaved it down even with cam.still
works great.