PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Limb Question

Cheetah85
February 16th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone.

This is my first thread on this site. I just want to say that I am really looking forward to being a member here.

I just got a fantastic deal on a new 2013 Outlaw. I paid $305 for the bow including shipping with the RAK package excluding the Octane quiver on eBay. I was a bit skeptical but upon inspecting the bow it is obvious that it is brand new and never been shot.

I have not shot the bow yet because of the cold and snow. The bow has the 70 lb draw weight limbs. Being in my late 40's and losing some of my muscle strength I lowered the draw weight to 55 lbs. which is very comfortable for me to draw back and hold. I read the owner's manual and it said not lower the draw weight more than 10 lbs from the maximum draw weight.

When I turned the Adjusting bolts out to lower the weight to 55 lbs from the original 72 lbs I turned the adjusting bolts a total of 7 times. The threads are still 100% visible in the little windows. Keep in mind that I still have not shot the bow yet. I read where you are not supposed to turn the bolts no more than 4 times on any bow because this puts more stress on the limbs.

Have any of you Outlaw owners with 70 lb limbs ever lowered your draw weight down to 55 lbs or lower like I did? And is it safe to go below 60 lbs without risking injury or damage to the bow.

Thanks,

Cheetah85

deadduck357
February 17th, 2014, 03:09 PM
As long as you can see the bolt through the inspection hole you are fine. I'm also in my 40s so I just bought a 60# bow and backed it down to 55.

Glenn58
February 17th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I also have a 2013 Outlaw, 60# limbs though...according to the manual (http://www.bowtecharchery.com/admin/project/uploads/OM_web_DMD13.pdf) as long as the threads "fill" the inspection hole you should be fine. I've never gone down less than 57.5#

I've never completely disassembled mine so I don't know the actual length of the limb bolts. Wouldn't know how "close" you are to being at the edge of the inspection window. But again as long as you haven't backed it out too far you should be OK.

I can't imagine you would damage the limbs in any way shooting 15# under max. The Infinity Edge adjusts from around 15-70#...I imagine it accommodates a really "long" limb bolt to get that range.

DEdestroyer350
February 19th, 2014, 12:00 AM
You should really not go lower than 60# with the 60-70# limbs.. Im pretty sure that if you go lower than 60 it voids the warranty.. Even though you can still see the threads and it would probably be "ok", i wouldnt recommend it... The "4 turn max" is a pretty good rule to follow.. The last thing you want is that bow collapsing, and the diff between 55# and 60# is minimal as far as the draw goes.. Its not like going from 65# to 70#

DEdestroyer350
February 19th, 2014, 12:08 AM
The Infinite Edge is made to go from beginner to intermediate so someone wont "grow out" of it, and it does have a longer limb bolt.. The Outlaw has a standard size limb bolt so at 7 turns and 15lbs off max your really close to the end of that bolt.. Could be as close as 1 turn away