PDA

View Full Version : Reconsidering PSE

caparrish1108
February 16th, 2014, 11:08 PM
So a while back I really set my mind on getting the PSE Drive LT, but lately with some problems arising at the bow shop I've been shopping at. I've decided to open my mind up to other bows of similar price and quality. Unfortunately I don't know what those bows may be so any info would be great. Thanks.

Miked989
February 16th, 2014, 11:18 PM
lots to choose from, What is your price range, do you have anywhere else you can go to shoot some? you want new or lightly used? there are some pretty nice PSE's in the classifieds here.

darksidemxer
February 16th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Pse's arent bad. I love the supra and 3d dominator. My diamond core is no speed demon but it is a killer bow for the money. Try one if u can. Another great bow for the money is the bowtech assassin. Again what is your $$ range? $$ for bow only or a complete set up?

caparrish1108
February 16th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I'm looking at about 600 for complete setup. Yea pse isn't bad just thought I'd keep an open mind.

deadduck357
February 17th, 2014, 03:51 AM
PSE makes a good bow, I just can't stand their limb pockets and how wide their split limbs are, makes the bow so wide, looks like a split 1x4.

For $600 check out the Diamond Regulator or Outlaw or Blackout or Toxik XT. Any of those would be a fine choice.

darksidemxer
February 17th, 2014, 10:49 AM
$600? Id get the diamond core. Put a quality used. Sight on there. A nice drop away rest and still have $$ for arrows and maybe a release. I bought my core rak for $400 sight for $150used and new qad hdx rest for $150. I should get the rest used and then i woulda been in your $600 with arrows. The rak package isnt bad...the rest sucks. The sight pins are waaay to big but lol its ok.i saw a used assassin bare bow used the other day for $350. The assassin is a fun do it all bow. Or if u can up ur cost alil i got my cpxl with brand new strings used for $500. Just put a micro elite limb driven rest on...great rest.

Glenn58
February 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM
The RAK packages are a waste of money! Don't get me wrong I really like my Outlaw as it sits today, but I should have just bought the Assassin bare and gone from there. I'm going to keep the Outlaw as my primary hunting rig and will soon be looking at the CPXL for 3D and target.

Blake R
February 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM
The RAK is garbage. Just so y'all know , if Diamond ever asks what you think about them(the RAK) on their Facebook... Don't give them your honest opinion. They will block you.

deadduck357
February 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM
The RAK is garbage. Just so y'all know , if Diamond ever asks what you think about them(the RAK) on their Facebook... Don't give them your honest opinion. They will block you.

I wouldn't say it's "garbage". The quiver is good, the Hostage rest works great if your bow is set-up and tuned right, the sight is a good starter but can definitely be upgraded. I hear so many people complain about the Hostage rest but mine has about 1000 shots through it and shows no or very minute signs of wear. Still hitting the exact same place today a 1000 shots after it was sighted it when new.

Glenn58
February 25th, 2014, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't say it's "garbage". The quiver is good, the Hostage rest works great if your bow is set-up and tuned right, the sight is a good starter but can definitely be upgraded. I hear so many people complain about the Hostage rest but mine has about 1000 shots through it and shows no or very minute signs of wear. Still hitting the exact same place today a 1000 shots after it was sighted it when new.

I'll give you that the quiver is ok...I only use it to hold hunting arrow with it strapped to my backpack. Rest was the first thing I swapped out a week after purchasing the bow. Night and day difference going to a fall away. Sight...yea the RAK sight is ok. I used it during the first half of hunting season and took a doe with it. I much prefer the uncluttered view of a single pin, especially when shooting target. Being able to adjust the pin brightness is a nice plus.

Blake R
February 26th, 2014, 03:33 PM
The quiver is fine, hostage rest does fairly well. Poor choice of words for those... But not the sight.

dcleary
February 27th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I agrre that most of the RAK is junk. The only thing i found worth keeping was the quiver. The hostage rest's screw stripped out on my buddy's bow and the sight isn't micro adjustable and is pure plastic.