PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Razor Edge Value

Teach_87
February 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Hello all,

I am looking at buying an 09 Diamond Razor Edge for my wife as her first bow as a belated V-day gift. I have recently got back into archery shooting and I am really enjoying it, I have been looking for a long time for something my wife and I can do together. Since I am not much on scrapbooking I thought maybe she would be into archery. I figure even if she hates it I could still use it for a back up and give it to my daughter here in a few years when she can start to shoot.

The kid I am looking to buy this from is a student of mine and said make him an offer. As I said it is an 09 Diamond edge, with a 3 pin sight, fall away rest (both inexpensive brands), stabilizer and maybe a release. It will need new strings very soon and I would probably want to upgrade the sight first thing. So what would be a fair offer?

Thanks
Teach

Glenn58
February 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Back in 09 that was probably a $300 package. Now 5 years old...I'd say somewhere around $150 is a fair price.

Teach_87
February 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Thank you I was thinking somewhere around 1-150. I just don't want to be rude to the kid. I also don't if my wife will be that interested, so I don't want to spend much. I brought it home tonight and shot 8 arrows and it is a blast. It's turned down to about 30lbs I'm guessing. Much easier to shoot than my pse evo at 70ish.

Lefty doc
February 20th, 2014, 10:33 PM
man, I just got one for my oldest boy its a 2011 and came with an alpine softlock quiver, and two sets of limbs and I gave almost 240 for it. I thought I shopped around. A hundred and a half sounds pretty good to me. I also just set it up and im amazed how fast this bow is.

Teach_87
February 23rd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks I actually ended up trading for it, I had a garden trailer I built he has wanted so it ended up costing me about $100. Now I have to get it where she can shoot it. She messed up her wrist a few years ago and even turned down to 30# it hurts her wrist. I'm thinking a glove type or had release may do the trick. Any advise there?