PDA

View Full Version : Extreme peep rotation help

256mayhem
February 19th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Hello AT!! I'm fairly new here and have ran into a problem. I have a 2012 Deadeye that I recently acquired in a trade and I absolutely love this thing!! But... I had new strings and cables built and installed and noticed no matter what the peep rotates almost 180.. added twist, took away twist... no help. What I am wondering is this.. is this a common problem? And if so, what do I need to do to correct it?

onan629
February 19th, 2014, 04:14 PM
String stretch

256mayhem
February 19th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Like not enough time on the stretcher or maybe too much time on the stretcher?

Roo223
February 19th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Hello AT!! I'm fairly new here and have ran into a problem. I have a 2012 Deadeye that I recently acquired in a trade and I absolutely love this thing!! But... I had new strings and cables built and installed and noticed no matter what the peep rotates almost 180.. added twist, took away twist... no help. What I am wondering is this.. is this a common problem? And if so, what do I need to do to correct it?

Did you put a full twist in the string? If so you should've bolt put a half a twist.

Roo223
February 19th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Did you put a full twist in the string? If so you should've bolt put a half a twist.

Only put not bolt put auto correct killing me

256mayhem
February 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Might try that?

Roo223
February 19th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Might try that?

Did that fix it? Yea should've got strings from somebody on here you wouldn't have had no rotation. Not that big of a deal though.

256mayhem
February 19th, 2014, 09:51 PM
No... still does this with 2 different sets of strings (factory/custom) exact same result....

cwhandyman
February 20th, 2014, 04:09 AM
are you moving d loop when twisting string, is d loop tied right

dwagoner
February 20th, 2014, 04:44 AM
180* of rotation would most likely be from the string i would think. thats alot.... very possibly from the long idler to roller guard serving, its tough to say though.

when you got the new string did you install or someone else? both sets have full 180* of rotation???

256mayhem
February 20th, 2014, 12:12 PM
No I didn't install them, 2 different archery shops.. it has them puzzled also..

Glenn58
February 20th, 2014, 05:37 PM
What is the orientation of the peep to the D-Loop at rest?
Were the string strands separated evenly when the peep was installed?

Seems strange that the exact same thing is happening with two different strings!
My guess is that something is going on with the idler wheel.

I would try using a peep with silicon tubing...it would be interesting if the twisting is so bad that it still isn't straight using the tubing.

256mayhem
February 24th, 2014, 11:29 PM
The d-loop at the time was perfect in line with the peep, now the peep is installed backwards and snaps to perfect at full draw. That being said, I also noticed that the draw length was too long and the cam is out of time. The draw length has been corrected and timing will be set soon. I have shot the bow approximately 200 times to eliminate any more stretch or peep rotation. The string has settled quite a bit and there is almost no creep/rotation of the peep... getting the timing set (I hope) will eliminate the rest of the rotation..