PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good drop away rest for the Outlaw?

toomag
March 20th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Hi, I have been using the Outlaw for about a year now, after the first one I ordered derailed, the second one was sent out and has been fine ever since. I took the full capture rest that came with it straight away as it was rubbish and took my blazers off, even after tuning. I have been using the Hunter QAD, which also after about 1000 shots has packed it up, this rest after french tuning it constantly touched the riser on release. So does anyone recommend a good solid drop away that works reallly well with the Outlaw? I see some use the micro apache by NAP, Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mat

Glenn58
March 20th, 2014, 08:17 AM
X2...NAP Apache Micro. I shoot this bow no less than 5 days a week. It has been flawless through over 10K shots. I did replace the felt on the rest once. I emailed NAP and they sent me 4 replacements free of charge. They have GREAT customer service and a quality product. I like the side entrance on the Carbon Apache. I might take a look at that one if mine ever needs replacing.

toomag
March 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks so much for this info, I will give it a go

Blake R
March 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Picked up an apache a few weeks ago. Works great, huge improvement from the hostage.

darksidemxer
March 23rd, 2014, 06:58 PM
Qad hdx. Thousands through mine. Nvr an issue. Using a limb driver micro elite on my cpxl. Really love that rest lol.

VORTEC429
March 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I have used many Apache and Apache Micro but I went up to the Apache Carbon with the Side Load and I love it! Cant go wrong with NAP!

MDJB12
April 7th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I used the NAP Apache on my Outlaw for a few weeks last year. Hated the thing mainly because try as I might I couldn't get it to throw a perfect bullet hole. I also didn't like that the rest didn't stay up so in theory the arrow could bounce around inside the rest while stalking or moving around. Out of frustration I bought a QAD UltraRest LD. It took me five minutes after I bolted it on to get it throwing perfect bullet holes consistently. I doubt I'll shoot anything else from this point foward.

Zixer
April 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I had an Apache on my Outlaw and it was fine....I went to the Medusa Max and like it a lot. I like the lock up feature, and it stays up on slow let down. Not to mention it only weighed in at 3.415 ounces.