PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Edge 2 months old

camocowgirl
March 31st, 2014, 06:45 PM
My other half purchased me an infinite edge the middle of January 2014. I shot it for two months (once or twice a week in that time), in that time upgraded the sight and rest. Upon rest upgrade it noticed that my fletchings were hitting the string. Took it back to dealer and he investigated, only to say he thinks the riser is twisted. Now I sit waiting to find out what they are gonna do about it. Anyone else have this issue? I am going crazy waiting for an answer from distributor and/or Diamond/Bowtech. I am in Alberta Canada. It has been over a week. I would think that with it being literally two months old I should be given a new one?

gettinold
March 31st, 2014, 09:34 PM
If the fletchings weren't hitting until rest change I would 2X check center shot. There is not much clearance with blazers, if thats what your using, and if your center shot is off by much they will hit. Bow was never dryfired was it?

deadduck357
March 31st, 2014, 11:40 PM
Put the Hostage rest back on and get to shooting.

camocowgirl
April 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Bow has never been dry fired, dropped, etc, etc. always stored in case and looked after. Bow wasn't shooting properly with hostage rest either though. No groupings. Dealer is a repair place as well. He is the one who measured all aspects and even talked to bowtech tech assistance. Hence why they say twisted riser.

kerrye
April 1st, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hang in there. If it has a twisted riser, they will get it lined out. I have been shooting an IE for sixteen months and with more than fifty years shooting experience, I honestly believe it is one of the best bows I have had my hands on.

buckdoehunter
April 1st, 2014, 08:13 PM
I posted this a while back, my son's blazers look they would hit the cables so I turned the nocks until it looked like they would clear. Is this similar to your experience?

I put a Saunders Hyper-Glide cable slide on it and now there is plenty of clearance for the blazers with the c*ck vane at the 12:00 position.

This photo is with the stock cable slide

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/BuckDoeHunter/IMG_5386_zpsb30972da.jpg

deadduck357
April 1st, 2014, 08:14 PM
Bow has never been dry fired, dropped, etc, etc. always stored in case and looked after. Bow wasn't shooting properly with hostage rest either though. No groupings. Dealer is a repair place as well. He is the one who measured all aspects and even talked to bowtech tech assistance. Hence why they say twisted riser.

If your pro shop can't straiten out what the issue is and it is only a couple months old you should definitely get Diamond to send you a replacement. They may want to see it first before replacing it, maybe not.

I hope you get it solved and don't get to frustrated with archery. The IE is a good bow.

camocowgirl
April 1st, 2014, 08:41 PM
Buckdoehunter yes it was kind of similar to that, but it was more than that, enough that it was folding my fetching over. He took my rest and installed it on another IE and there was no problems with clearance. It looked like that there might be an angle on one of the cams, so they checked into string tensions as well, and had that sorted out, and even tried swapping limbs around and that did nothing as well. So the problem is the riser. I guess yes I am frustrated. I had a friend lend me a razor edge to shoot for a bit, and noticed that this bow seems to fire smoother, like there is less restriction. I realize every bow shoots different, but yes it makes me second guess having an IE. I have noticed that Diamond seems to have issues with customer service in Canada. I hope that this is sorted out soon. I love archery so far, and have really enjoyed the indoor 3D shoots being held during our winter up here. I appreciate all the feed back. I was just curious if others had, or have heard of a riser being found twisted.
Thanks all.

buckdoehunter
April 1st, 2014, 09:25 PM
I would think that you should get a new riser at the very least, I'm a little surprised that your dealer didn't hand you the IE that they tried with your rest and say "Here you go, enjoy". That would have been good customer service, they did sell you a defective one. You could be shooting your new bow while they deal with Diamond.

deadduck357
April 1st, 2014, 10:30 PM
I would think that you should get a new riser at the very least, I'm a little surprised that your dealer didn't hand you the IE that they tried with your rest and say "Here you go, enjoy". That would have been good customer service, they did sell you a defective one. You could be shooting your new bow while they deal with Diamond.

100% agreed.

stzd8
April 2nd, 2014, 05:33 PM
I got a question. Does all nocks turnable? I tried turning them by hand and looks like they are tight. Don't want to use tools on turning them.

msgtdan
April 2nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Most nocks on carbon and aluminum arrows are turnable. I've found the easiest way for me to turn them is to nock the arrow on the string and turn the arrow to where I want it.

camocowgirl
April 2nd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Talked to my dealer again today (I'm sure he wants an answer as much as I do so I quit bugging him) and he said that he had talked to a Diamond tech that had him run all the different things he had already tried such as cam adjustments, etc. etc. Nothing changed it to get different results regarding clearance for fletchings. Now waiting again to see what they are gonna want to do about it.:BangHead::BangHead:

I know have patience... I just want to get shooting my own bow again.

deadduck357
April 2nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
"so I quit bugging him
"

NO! Don't do that. Remember YOU'RE the customer.

I would tell them (your shop) to get this straitened out ASAP or give you your money back. You demand that they will get busy.

If not they'll just put your bow to the back of the priority list.

camocowgirl
April 3rd, 2014, 11:57 PM
SO Diamond is blaming the dealer and his bow press and the dealer is saying its been like this since new. Not feeling very hopeful at this point.:angry: Kinda like i wish I had NEVER chosen a Diamond/Bowtech product. :frusty::frusty::frusty::mad2:

deadduck357
April 4th, 2014, 12:24 AM
SO Diamond is blaming the dealer and his bow press and the dealer is saying its been like this since new. Not feeling very hopeful at this point.:angry: Kinda like i wish I had NEVER chosen a Diamond/Bowtech product. :frusty::frusty::frusty::mad2:

Well both Diamond and Bowtech are fine bows. I own each.

Call Bowtech customer service and warranty and explain what's going on and your frustrations and what you should do.

Their phone # is on your lower limb.

camocowgirl
April 4th, 2014, 01:20 AM
There are no info on IE that I saw. My bow is at dealer. I get they make good products, but of course I only have had experience with a defective one. I know people who swear by bow techs, and love their IEs, but this is putting a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better news.

Razorbak
April 4th, 2014, 02:19 AM
I feel for you..I have had nothing but problems since jan on my outlaw ..Im on my second one now since first 1 axle broke at full draw..going on 3 weeks now and still having issues..wish I never gotten them..Im feeling like Im gonna go back to dealer and and get my money back and get different brand..I tried to like them and work thru problems but this is to much

camocowgirl
April 4th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Did they replace the first one at no cost to you Razorbak? Are you dealing with Diamond direct or through a dealer?

camocowgirl
April 4th, 2014, 02:29 AM
I'd give anything to get my money back and get a different make but I doubt my dealer will go for that.

icemanls2
April 4th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Diamong Infinite Edge is a popular bow with very few problems. If something is wrong with it they should fix it no problem. How much cam lean does your bow have? They aren't the most tuned bow out of the box and my daughters had a ton! Twisting up the cables to remove so much cam lean took care of the vane clearance and I also installed a lower profile "pink" cable slide from PSE. Her Edge shoots great.

Arrow nocks can be quite tight sometimes. They make nock turning tools so you don't spread or crack your nocks.

camocowgirl
April 4th, 2014, 07:35 AM
They eliminated possibilities like cam lean, or limb issues etc. it's in the riser.

darksidemxer
April 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM
If diamond wont help it very well could be your dealer. Diamond/bowtech will not deal with customers directly but my dealer hss had my issues with my diamonds straightened out in a matter of days. The thing is it could be his press or that something happened while in his care. My wife has been shooting her ie for a long time and well over 4k arrows through it....only issues with it she caused. Just put a qad hdx on it and still shooting bullet holes.

Razorbak
April 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
My dealer saw what happened on first one and grab one off rack and said to kill a big buck. No questions and if I bring back again I will get another bow brand. I'm done with diamond

mhill
April 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM
You will find the same problems with other companies also. just keep that in mind when you switch brands.

To the OP if diamond is blaming the dealer for pressing your bow improperly then the dealer should be taking care of you by giving you a new bow... then never take it back to him.

camocowgirl
April 4th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I just wanted to post that I have heard from my dealer this am. They are giving me a refund on the IE and I get to choose which direction I want to go next. Thanks for all the support. My dealer is going to keep dealing with diamond on their own.

darksidemxer
April 4th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Awesome. Good luck!

deadduck357
April 4th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I just wanted to post that I have heard from my dealer this am. They are giving me a refund on the IE and I get to choose which direction I want to go next. Thanks for all the support. My dealer is going to keep dealing with diamond on their own.

Good, about time.

Do you have another pro shop in your area? If so may wanna try them.

Hope you don't give up on archery.

deadduck357
April 4th, 2014, 08:53 PM
You will find the same problems with other companies also. just keep that in mind when you switch brands.

Exactly.